1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any of you guys played Cole Clark acoustics?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GuitarTone, May 20, 2011.

1. GuitarTone

GuitarTone Senior Member

Friends of mine are distributing them in SA.

All I can say is, WOW!!!

2. Maffy

Maffy Member

...yes, i tried fl2 and fl1, bith great guitars; confortable neck, really nice to play. Plugged in an amplifier the sound is absolutely "natural"...

...i quote you...WOW!!!

3. entraind

entraind Supporting Member

I have a friend that owns one. An amazing guitar -- sounds and plays flawlessly.

4. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I've played a couple at a guitar show, and yes, they are amazing instruments. In look and sound.

I believe that Cole Clark used to be head luthier at Maton guitars, but has struck out on his own now.

5. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Never had a chance to play one yet... I've been told they are really good.

6. w00dsy

w00dsy Member

that would be Brad Clark. He's a very clever dude. I owned one of their strat style guitars, it was great. I sold it for temporary financial reasons, and i miss it a lot. I'd love to buy it back.

7. MBT74

MBT74 Member

Yeah, I've got a FLAC-2. Fantastic guitar. I can't even look at another acoustic..... except maybe a Cole Clark 12 string. :)

8. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Thanks for the correction! :aok

I was looking for something else on eBay just then, and noticed this Cole Clark guitar which was slightly shop damaged at a deep discount:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cole-Clark-FL2AC-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-w-Hardcase-/190533270861?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item2c5caafd4d#ht_13133wt_1151

9. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

Best pickups I've ever played. Guitars also feel very light and vibrant. Action comes uncomfortably high, but the adjustable bridge makes up for it.

10. Mwoodbro

Mwoodbro Silver Supporting Member

I've been gigging with mine (FL2AC) for about a year and a half. I am very happy with it. It has Bunya top and Austrailian Blackwood back and sides. My friend has the same model with Queensland Maple back and sides. Also very nice.

11. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Member

Adam Miller plays one. I saw him at NAMM with his a few years ago and he just sounded incredible.

12. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

We're a Cole Clark Dealer. They are amazing instruments. They have the best pick up system I've ever heard.

Taylor Guitars actually wanted to buy it from them!!! Now Brad & Bob are really good friends. Bob sold one of their Laser cutting machines to Cole Clark a couple years ago. From what I understand Bob Taylor was VERY impressed by the Cole Clark guitars.

13. Scooba

Scooba Member

great guitars, i have an FL2 with ebony board, block inlays, rosewood back/sides, so a little different to the regular FL2 but it's a beautiful guitar none the less, i thought it sounded better than the others in the store when i was looking, plus i liked the look of it too, i'm a sucker for an ebony fretboard

14. venivici

venivici Member

I play a Cole Clark Angel. It's an awesome guitar and It's a very early version. I like it a lot.

15. GuitarTone

GuitarTone Senior Member

Yep, that was it.
    We plugged in a few Taylors and then the Cole Clark, the difference was ridiculous.
    When you turned the volume down the un-amplified tone was the same as the amplified tone, pretty amazing.

16. bloos66

bloos66 Member

Played a FL3AC for sometime but had to sell it due to family circumstances. FL3AC is a great guitar, especially amplified. Also loved it for fingerpicking, had a very warm tone. Was sad to see it go....

[​IMG]

17. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    Clark's are the best acoustics made in Australia imo :)