Any of you into using two separate cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by dr.barlo, Mar 31, 2020.

1. dr.barlo

dr.barlo Member

Well... I am.

I am not into stereo effects and all. Just having the same amp into 2 (or more) speakers but in two separate cabs placed in sorta "stereo" spots. If I put the cabs on top of one another, the "effect" is kinda lost.

Anyways, I love the airy and 3d depth I am getting from them. My D ODS kinda amp sounds great with a WGS ET-65 and WGS Reaper HP in two separate cabs, 5E7 clone head great with a Celestion G12H30 and Reaper HP...

B

alexanderplatz likes this.
  2. alexanderplatz

alexanderplatz Member

Additionally, for low volume practicing at home, having two separate cabs (or two small amps) makes for a fuller, more 3D sound without really adding a whole lot of volume necessarily.

3. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val Member

Oh yeah.
    For de-tuned 7 strings, and 8 strings, I’m using 2 Mesa Recto 4x12s(360w and 280w), with either my old 2ch. Mesa Triple Rectifier, or the Randall Satan.

4. buddyboy69

buddyboy69 Member

Yes. I have 2, 1x12 cabs. I've always had an extra 1x12 in case I want to run it to the other side of the stage. Or stacked, or stacked and turned off center. Fill the room. I'd have an attenuator for "the other side" so they could have a volume control. Makes a good mix.

5. dr.barlo

dr.barlo Member

Right on! My 10W 6424 kinda sounds way bigger even at low vols.

B

6. MmcGrouty

MmcGrouty Member

Yes, though I do use stereo effects or a w/d setup. In my main studio I’m always using 2 4x12s. My practice rig includes 2 1x12s about 8 feet apart. Multiple cabs always sounds better.