Any of your guitars spend most of their time in the case ?

ef_in_fla

I only ever keep 1 out at a time so yes mine spend a lot of time in their cases/bags. I rotate them so they spend about 11 months of the year stored away.

rsm

I usually have one out. I use it for awhile, then take another out. If they aren't being played, they stay in the case. Some have not been out in awhile...I need to fix that, soon.

:eek:

darkinners

My les paul studio plus, it had seen brighter days.
It was my main gigging and recording guitar for 15 years.

As result, it's well worned. (play wears not relicin')
been fret dressed two times.
Neck joint cracked a little(fixed)

I don't play it as much as I would like now, I think it's been sitting in a hardcase for 2 years already.
It's still my no.1 guitar and will never get sold but it's time for it's retirement.

3L6amb7.jpg

vX4DJF2.jpg

FLpUzdL.jpg

o0Ampy0o

All are kept in a case unless I know I will be playing a lot. I do not play any of my guitars enough to justify having so many. I will not buy another guitar unless I sell three. There are four I will keep as long as possible.

ewheel

After my Nash Tele hit the floor one night after slipping off a String Swing, all of mine stay safely in their cases.

Guitardave

Silver Supporting Member
Umm...definitely. I go back and forth on paring the # of guitars way down but am somewhat reconciled that the instrument collection is different than what I need/use as a player. I just like guitars/gear and always have. As a musician I could (and have) lived with one acoustic and one electric for long periods of time. Frankly, that is helpful in that you spend less time messing around with gear and more time playing. Even now for most of my live playing I use the same guitar (tele) and Fenderish combo amp for 90% of my live use. Occasionally I change up guitars/amps just for something different. I tend to rotate different guitars at home just for fun.

Telechamp

I have a large guitar collection, that I assembled over the years.

It is too big, and needs downsizing.

Some of my guitars haven't been out of their cases in years.

Why keep them ?
- they are unique / old / rare / sentimental
- I will likely lose money on the resale

Anyone else have great guitars - that sadly spend too much time in storage ?

This post sounds exactly like something I might post...

And yes - the prospect of losing money on the resale of them probably keeps me from downsizing the herd..

bloomz

Hanging on the wall - and my last purchase (Contemporary HH MIJ Floyd type tele) I don't take the rest of them down often.

But they sure look purty hanging there...

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I only have 4 of them now and a bass. I put the Gibsons in a case when the weather is really changing for a short while. Other than that, they are on the wall on hooks and I play them any time I'm in my studio.

luv

Only one of mine is in a case right now. I've got 6 guitars and try to keep them all out, so they will all get played. I would have no reason to have a collection of guitars that sit in cases and don't get played for months or years at a time. That's not my idea of what guitars are for. I'm not a collector.

whuppo

Gold Supporting Member
Usually keep 2 (out of 10) out to play, but now going back to square 1 on effects and amps, so all but 2 are out to see how they work in different order and configuration. Funny (ironic funny) is thaat the 2 in cases are my 2 oldest and #1 go to before the collection grew during the last 5 years.

Top Bottom