1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Any one try the mooer spark compressor ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sean413, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I've got one on the way but I'm just curious if anyone's using one ? Is kinda based off the yellow comp they have ?

2. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

Hmm - from the description it might be. Says it's a "modern compressor" using optical compression.
    But the controls sound different. I have the yellow and it is great - controls are volume, EQ (tone), and compression (ratio). The Spark has compression and volume, but a "bright" switch and seems like no tone or EQ knob.
    Let us know how you like it.

3. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I was gonna get the yellow but I don't have the room for it on my board so it was a toss up for the henretta, or hotone komp.

I'll give a review of it when it arrives and then one later after the honey moon phase.

4. Sean413

Sean413 Member

Got the compressor in and I'm impressed it's quiet(unless you go for a super high comp setting, but duh that's a given ).

Over all it sounds really nice. it's very natural and light compression almost like a limiter ( compresses harsh high notes and raises all the others). Very good studio quality with overly simple features.. I dig it and it's built like a rock!