Any one try the mooer spark compressor ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sean413, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I've got one on the way but I'm just curious if anyone's using one ? Is kinda based off the yellow comp they have ?

2. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

Hmm - from the description it might be. Says it's a "modern compressor" using optical compression.
    But the controls sound different. I have the yellow and it is great - controls are volume, EQ (tone), and compression (ratio). The Spark has compression and volume, but a "bright" switch and seems like no tone or EQ knob.
    Let us know how you like it.

3. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I was gonna get the yellow but I don't have the room for it on my board so it was a toss up for the henretta, or hotone komp.

I'll give a review of it when it arrives and then one later after the honey moon phase.

4. Sean413

Sean413 Member

Got the compressor in and I'm impressed it's quiet(unless you go for a super high comp setting, but duh that's a given ).

Over all it sounds really nice. it's very natural and light compression almost like a limiter ( compresses harsh high notes and raises all the others). Very good studio quality with overly simple features.. I dig it and it's built like a rock!