Any one using Wilkinson tremolos ?

Back in 1999, I bought a Wilkinson VS100N, years later the locking screws were not long enough to hold the saddle down. I had to get longer screws and retread / tap the holes where the screws were inserted.

Years later, I got another one and it seems Wilkinson solved the issues with the earlier models .

Larsenpeople

I bought a recent guitar with the cheaper Wilkinson (50iiK I believe).
It’s working good but I have the feeling it contributes to a dark tone. I wonder if there is a direct replacement from another brand, without modifying the studs

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
If you mean the rounded top allen screws that lock the saddle down so it wont move back and forth - then yes, I had a problem with the first VS100 I had (no, it was not a 50). I had to find a suitable screw replacement and cut a huge notch in the top of the screw so I could adjust it with a flat-head screwdriver (can't really remember why I did this...unless it was an issue with the screw stripping with adjustments). It only happened to one of the saddles. This was the early 90s mind you.

I've had at least 2 VS' since that time that I didn't have that issue with.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I’m a big fan of the VS100. I have a few Warmoth builds with those tremolos. Very happy with the performance and feel.

I've had a vsvg on my main for 5 years or so. Love it and I'm a pretty heavy trem user (think more Jeff Beck not 80`s dive bombs).

Have a more expensive Bladerunner trem on another strat, and perfect the Wilkinson by far.

Ron Kirn

Vendor
I've installed hundreds of the VS100 over the years.. it'a a very nice unit.. the screws are standard metric threads so replacements are available from McMaster-Carr or your helpful hardware man... and they come with 3 allen wrenches to adjust it ..

Kronos147

I have two (1983 Squire MIJ) Strats with a Wilkinson trem.

kronos147-albums-pictures-of-kronos-picture16985-twins.jpg

IIIBOOMERIII

Silver Supporting Member
I really like Wilkinson. I have used their bridges/terms, their pickups, and their tuners. They are a hell of a value.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
All if the Wilkinson bridges I have used have been excellent including the 6-screw Strat trem, Contemporary trem, Tele plate and saddles, and of course the VS100 series.

CloneTone

I had never heard of of Wilkinson until I bought this Danelectro 66BT that came with one, the 50IIk:
SYRD2Bj.jpg

This thing stays in tune better than my Strats, even a FR trem guitar I have. Still impressed by it.

ProfRhino

I have installed a few, currently own a VSVG in my Fretking - as good as it gets, imho, if you want the steel block tone (on this guitar I do). :aok

ymmv,
Rhino

hippieboy

I have a Suhr custom with a Wilkinson with locking saddles and it has worked great for 1 year so far, it looks solid.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom