1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any Opinions About Orange Bass Amps? CR50BXT, CR100BXT???

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by Gatsby1, May 18, 2011.

1. Gatsby1

Gatsby1 Member

Does anybody own an Orange Bass Combo amp, either the CR50BXT or CR100BXT? I'm looking to buy an affordable bass amp and these are options. I wanted to know if people had good things to say about them and I wanted to ask how they sound.

So are they great amps? How do they sound?

I'm looking for an amp just to songwrite with and play at home. I'm not performing anywhere where I need a lot of power. And I won't be miking this amp and recording it. But all that said, I want something that sounds good and has good tone. So yeah, fill me in about them!

Thanks.

2. Gatsby1

Gatsby1 Member

And yes, I did post that other thread about searching for a bass amp, so sorry if this seems redundant! But I posted this separate more specific thread just so I could attract the attention of any Orange amp owners and hear about these two particular amps.

3. LeftyBass

LeftyBass Member

I love mine! It has an "old school" tone(no tweeter/horn). Tuner, XLR out, input peak LED, effects loop.
    [​IMG]

4. Gatsby1

Gatsby1 Member

Thanks for the comment and picture Lefty! And thanks for replying to my other thread as well about picking a bass amp. I was hoping someone else might come forward and offer some info about their experience with Orange amps. I've had interest in these two, but I kind of feel like I've been swayed by their appealing aesthetics and styling since I've never actually tried one. My concern has been the videos I've seen of these amps don't seem to have a ton of low end. But maybe that's just the poor quality of the recording or video.

I initially looked at Orange amps as more of a unique specialty brand or as higher end stuff, but reading through different threads it seems while their older vintage stuff was unique and high quality, all their newer stuff isn't so fantastic, or at least might just be okay and standard. But if anybody says and knows different besides Lefty, let me know!!! Right now if I get a cheap amp, I might be leaning towards an Ampeg BA112 because in addition to having the same eq/tone knobs as the Orange bass amp, it also has a five-way switch to select between different eq curves, so it seems a little more versatile for the same amount of money.