Any opinions on the Cordoba C12?....

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Megatron, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Megatron

Megatron Member

I had a friend recommend the Cordoba C12. Very strong recommendation. I've been needing to upgrade classicals for years. I was thinking about Kenny Hill And Alvarez Yairis as well. would like to get a keeper.

2. CactusWren

CactusWren Member

Cordobas are pretty good factory guitars. You really need to play it and see if it's right for you; arranged marriages aren't the best thing for guitars. The Kenny Hills I've played were nice. Francisco Navarro used to be quite a good deal. I played some Cervantes that I liked. A used Ramirez student model can be very sweet.

3. Red_Label

Red_Label Supporting Member

I have had a C12 SP/IN for six months. It's an awesome giitar. Tons of volume, projection and response. Years ago I had a Yairi CY140. It was awesome too. But the Cordoba is more impressive (to me anyways). I've been very happy with Cordobas... having now owned eight of them (mostly the flamencos). Yesterday I took delivery of my new Mini R and love it as well. And I've been on the verge of picking up an F10 or 45FP for several days. Just wringing my hands over which one to get.

4. clint

clint Member

Necks width is pretty massive like a classical should so make sure you know what you are getting into. Otherwise, mine with a cedar top/rosewood back is a phenomenal guitar for the money. Nice case, too!

5. WhalingStories

WhalingStories Member

I have an early 90's Yairi CY118 and it's a guitar I will never part with. My classical guitar instructor in college always loved playing it. He would never bring his ridiculously expensive custom made guitar to our ensemble instructions, so whenever he needed to jump in and play along he would always ask me for my Yairi.

6. VTR

VTR Member

I latched on to one here in Denver after buying a different classical through guitar salon. Immediately made a trade plus some money, lost money on that deal. I had to have the guitar though, played another that couldn't quite match the C12 I have, but it was close, so maybe they are pretty consistent. A friend of my played it and said wow, listen to that bass. I asked him if the bass took away from the treble, he said no. It is a nice looking guitar too boot, a very modern sounding classical, reminds me of my Khono I owned while pursuing my degree in classical guitar.

7. Megatron

Megatron Member

How would you consider it against a similarly priced Kenny Hill model?

8. VTR

VTR Member

Never had a chance to play a Kenny Hill.