any opinions on the Epiphone Broadway Elitist?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rich2k4, Dec 21, 2009.

1. rich2k4

rich2k4 Supporting Member

is this guitar any good? i'm not talking about the korean made epiphone version but the japanese elitist.

anyone know where to find one, it seems to be discontinued and hard to find on the used market.

2. duckbunny

duckbunny Supporting Member

Only ever played one ( a few years ago) - but it was outstanding.
    Seriously good guitar, and a very, very reasonable price, and yes, I'm so sorry that I didn't buy it. The only other archtop I've ever played with a similar bang-for-the-buck factor was an Eastman. The only reason I didn't get that was the neck - it was too thin for me, while the Epi was meatier. If I found another, I wouldn't hesitate in snapping it up.

-db

3. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

The Elitist guitars are ALL giant killers, superb guitars by ALL accounts. Its why Gibson pulled the plug on them, Epi were outdoing Gibsons offerings....

Very hard to find now, ive been GASsing for the Elitist 335 with minibuckers, just beautiful.

4. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

Great guitar. The MIK ones aren't bad either. I wish people would look past that stuff when they play guitars for the first time because there was absolutely nothing wrong with the MIK Broadway I had except maybe the wiring, which could be easily taken care of.