• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any opinions on the Wampler Brent Mason Overdrive/distortion?

ianb

Hi everyone,

I bought a used Zendrive recently, but I'm somehow not bonding with it. I can hear it's a great pedal, nice and fat, lovely bloom and sustain, but even stacking it with my Timmy doesn't get my juices going, like with my OCD or MP LGW running into the Timmy.

For me, I guess the Zen is just a little too smooth and polite, although I love the sound when someone else plays through one.

I now have the chance to do a trade with a Wampler Brent Mason Overdrive. I checked out some Youtube demos, but they didn't really demo it's features in any systematic manner, although it sounded really good.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Brent Mason pedal that they could share?

Burgs

I've got one. Love it, too. Very middy drives, the 2nd channel approaching a distortion circuit (maybe it is). Great for single coiled guitars like the Tele (for which it was probably calibrated). It's a different beast to the Zen, that's for sure, but you may find you get a lot more mileage out of it if you're after something with more edge than what the Zen has to offer (very Dumblesque and polite IMO).

Here's a link to my vid if you haven't sleuthed it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsVJM1-EhE

ianb

I've got one. Love it, too. Very middy drives, the 2nd channel approaching a distortion circuit (maybe it is). Great for single coiled guitars like the Tele (for which it was probably calibrated). It's a different beast to the Zen, that's for sure, but you may find you get a lot more mileage out of it if you're after something with more edge than what the Zen has to offer (very Dumblesque and polite IMO).

Here's a link to my vid if you haven't sleuthed it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsVJM1-EhE
Thanks for the link, I had missed that video. It certainly does have more edge to it than the Zen, nice. Might have slightly too much midrange for me, but on the other hand, my favorite OD right now is the LGW, and I do play single coils, so it could well be a very useful box. I do like a tight, dynamic, and well defined overdrive.

Trending Topics