Any opinions on Warehouse Guitar Speakers???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by recto-robbie, Jul 22, 2008.

1. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Hello all,, I finally ran into their sight and they do sound interesting.
    Im wondering your opinions are on ther speakers?
    Are they truelly made in America?
    How do they compare to their Celestion counterparts which they seem to based off of?

Im thinking about going with their veteren 30 and their ET65's in an X pattern. Do you think they would compliment each other fairly well?
    I play mostly hard rock and metal but also enjoy some bluesy stuff. They will be employed in my classic 50 2x12 sitting on top of a Mesa Boogie 2x12 recto cab. Using all 4 speakers.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

There was a long thread recently on Warehouse speakers...just last week, I think? Do a search and you'll find it fairly easily.

Tom

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

Wow, I can't believe you missed this thread that's been going on for a while :)
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=415596

But basically they say that they are put together in the USA using parts from various sources all over the world, they won't really say where the parts are made.

Another option you could look at is 2 Eminence Tonespotters and 2 V12's or Texas Heats. That would sound nice, would cost less than the WGS's, and they are made in the USA right down to the voice coils.

4. joel98z

joel98z Member

They have got some great reviews. It really should not matter where they are made as long as they sound good.

5. 56_Special

56_Special Member

That thread is only interesting if you are obsessed with where they are made. If you're more interested in what they sound like, save your time.

6. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

I have both the vet30 and et65 and they are great speakers. I was actually considering trying them in the same 2x12 and may do so this evening. I'll let you know my thoughts.

7. scottlaned

scottlaned Member

Use their v30 in my classic 30. Sounds great.

8. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Well I finally received my Warehouse speakers this afternoon.
    I bought two veteran 30's and two ET65's. I installed them in my
    classic 50 and Mesa recto 2x12 which the classic 50 sits upon.
    I put them in an X pattern.
    So far I like them a lot. Im not sure if its the comination of the two different speakers or not but my rig is very warm sounding. I cant get it to sound harsh no matter what I do,, raise treble or presence,, it doesnt matter. Another thing im very impressed about is how tight the bottom end is. I assume just like most speakers that they need to break in but honostly it wouldnt matter to me if they stayed the same from here on out,, I guess it can only get better I guess.
    I will admit I was a little nervous about ordering from them but im glad I did. They are some quality speakers.

9. KeithC

KeithC Silver Supporting Member

I really like the ET65's.
    YMMV

10. Iceman8.6

Iceman8.6 Member

I've got 4 Reapers, 2 Retro 30's and 2 Veteran 30's and IMO I think they all sound better than any other speaker I've tried including there Celestion/Eminence counterparts....I did not like the WGS British Lead 80's but I don't like the Celestion CL80's either....as for durability I've beat the snot outta the Veteran 30's for about a year now with no problems.

11. indravayu

indravayu Senior Member

My Green Beret is excellent.

12. Joe57

Joe57 Member

How’s the top end on the Reaper? Is it smoother (less gritty) and warmer sounding than the Celestion reissue Anniversary G12H-30?

And does the Reaper has a fatter midrange than the Celestion (it sounds like it does based on the clips on the WGS site)?

13. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

Man O Man, I just spent some more time with them and I like them even better now. I dont want to go over board with all the praising but im really suprised how nice they sound right out of the box. Of all the vintage 30's ive owned and fought with the harshness,, this X pattern Veteran 30's and ET65's that I installed is warm and creamy right off.
    I guess im just a bit suprised,,, now enough of my praising.

14. Iceman8.6

Iceman8.6 Member

I've never owned the Anniversary G12 H30 so I can't say how the Reaper compares to them....I had 4 Heritage G12H's in that cabinet and they are now assigned to closet duty....there are a lot of variables to your questions but IMO the answer to all them is yes....I have to mention that they were much better after I got them broke in....I've been itching to try the ET65's.

15. Joe57

Joe57 Member

Thanks Iceman8.6 - I appreciate it!

16. rockon1

rockon1 Member

My only experience with WGS is the CL80 clone. It missed the mark for me. Got 3 of them doing closet duty. Bob

17. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

I've got a Black & Blue and an ET-65, the B&B sounds better than any of the Celestion blues I have had. I am liking the ET in an oversized deluxe clone...I've never used the Celestion counterpart.

18. KBN

KBN Member

Yeah, don't bother reading that other thread. It is just a couple of guys and their conspiracy theories about WGS. Pretty dumb. I have a couple of Veteran 30s and I like them better than the Celestions. To me there is a little more substance to the tone. I don't have any experience with the other guitar models, but based on the construction and tone of the Veterans, I will certainly try others in the future. I have a couple of the 15 inch bass/pa speakers that I have in a couple of PA boxes and they sound really good as well.

19. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

I have an ET65 and a Black & Blue

Both good. the B&B sound more like a cele blue than a cele Gold IMHO.

20. WesKuhnley

WesKuhnley Member

As always, BIG thumbs up from me...WGS has TONS of new stuff coming down the pipeline, stay tuned!