Any Other Bigsby Fans?

Dajax

With the right reverb, and echo just a nice light vibrato touch with a bigsby, and things start sounding huge. I just love the feel of these arms. I prefer the single roller model on my Gretsch to the double roller one on my Les Paul...more touch sensitive.

Budokahn

I would say I am a Bigsby Addict. I love em. I cant get enough. I am trying to get the Juevos to buy a tele with one but am worried it will take away from the "tele thing"

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
I love them. When I play a guitar without one, I constantly reach for it. The shimmer they produce is very distinctive and with a good setup, they stay in tune very well.

studiodunn

Platinum Supporting Member
I can't get enough of them. they really give my void, talentless playing a little something to smile about.

Samba

There's no doubt that tuning does suffer a little, and restringing is pesky- though despite having "better" trems on PRS and Strats, the bigsby is the only arm that I find myself reaching for. :AOK

rastus

Frisco Kid, those 2 Trussarts are just incredible looking. Gave me instantaneous GAS...

markom89

I really dig Bigsby's, but I don't even currently own a guitar that's equipped with one. I'm gonna' have to fix that soon enough! :D

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
Frisco Kid, those 2 Trussarts are just incredible looking. Gave me instantaneous GAS...
Thanks Rastus! Trussarts really are special instruments. They sound completely different from what you'd think a steel bodied guitar would sound like.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
It's weird. I've never played one with a Bigsby and I'm definitely not a trem/dive bomb buy, but I am intrigued. I have passed up 2 guitars because they had one installed (which the actual fact they had one made them more expensive). There's a G&L custom ASAT special (USA) on the bay now semi hollow with a Bigsby... looks kind of ugly with those big old MFD pups because they are white and the rest of the axe is dark sunburst and black. It's also got that huge Bigsby on it. But, I bet you it has some serious mojo. If I had cash to burn I'd bid on it just to see how it plays.
I also passed on a nice deal for a Reverend with a Bigsby as well. Maybe I'm missing something.
:BEER

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
There's a G&L custom ASAT special (USA) on the bay now semi hollow with a Bigsby... looks kind of ugly with those big old MFD pups because they are white and the rest of the axe is dark sunburst and black. It's also got that huge Bigsby on it.
Why did I see this post? Why did I go to eBay? The seller lives less than 2 hours from me. :BITCH

Seriously -- I love me some Bigsby action!

And if you don't trust this anonymous internet dude, then remember: Even the Dalai Lama digs the wiggle stick:

:AOK

And with all due respect to you Fender/Hagstrom/Gibson guys, A Gretsch, slapback delay, and a Fender amp could bring about world peace!

Mig60

i have installed yesterday a B5 on my Gibson Sg Special 2002.
At the moment, no more tuning issues than before, i'm happy with it. And it looks great.

Trending Topics