• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any other compressors beside Barber Tone Press have a blend function?

ianb

Hi everyone,

I love my Tone Press, it has been on my main board for years now, no complaints at all, except for it's size. Easy to use, and I just love the blend, as it allows me to add just the right amount of compressed signal without affecting my attack.

However, I would have room for another overdrive on my board (I like different flavors!) if I could find a compressor with a smaller footprint, with the same functions as the Tone Press.

I have been looking around, but still haven't found one so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

ianb

Thanks for the link ESNS!

Just checked it out on the website, looks promising, exactly what I had in mind.

norumba

the new seymour duncan compressor also has a blend feature, but i think the footprint may be even larger! im anxious to try it (or the Barber) out, though... need a compressor along those lines.

steinwand

discontinued: Tonefactor Pulp Mill
I think the Pedalworx McSqueeze has it too
both are Orange Squeezer clones

ianb

Thanks for the tips so far.

Looks like the Wampler is the only one with a blend AND a small footprint.

The Nova looks to be the same size as the Tone Press, whereas the smaller Pedalworkx doesn't seem have the separate blend knob.

philbarnes

Mad Prof Forest Green when toggled to sustain mode. Had the Tone Press. Nice, but this thing if you can swing it, whoa,!

Trending Topics