• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any other Music Man Albert Lee owners noticed this?

agitprop

I bought this guitar a few years ago, but don't play it much, because I can't seem to get the stock Seymour Duncan pickups to twang, the way that other owners seem to be able to--at least on YouTube.

I am playing the Albert Lee (Ball Family Reserve) into a 1954 Fender Pro and a 1966 blackface Vibrolux Reverb. The pickups sound fine in a sort of regular Strat pickup way, but they don't twang, even at volume. Seems strange on an instrument that was specifically designed with a tone-block to enable this kind of sound.

I am reasonably competent at major-pentatonic, twangy runs on my Teles--and even on my new Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar--but I can't seem to get the Albert Lee's custom Duncan pup to twang the way that everyone else seems to be able to.

Anyone else noticed this on their Albert Lee?

Trending Topics