Any Other Universal Audio / Apollo Users Here

bme

yep, the 610 is really nice for vocals. It's one of my go to's in combo with a fairchild.

art_z

Gold Supporting Member
Have an Apollo8 Quad and a Twin Solo.

I had both the Solo 610 and 110 years ago, seemed like decent pres.

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Platinum Supporting Member
I tried to get it to work for months on my Windows PC via Thunderbolt but couldn't. Their support was non-existent, so I eventually went with a completely different solution. It seems to be designed more for Macs.

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Lots of us around. My rig is currently an x6 and a twin x. Twin x is for remote / mobile sessions or when I need additional processing for plug-ins. I've been really happy with my move to the UA ecosystem.

For plug-ins, by timing my purchases right they threw a lot of plug-ins at me. I think i've only had to purchase 2-3 utilities like the Little Labs phase alignment and Ocean Way Studio for ambiance.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I have an x8P and run Luna with it.

Fantastic unit and love it!

Cool.

I know the Apollos seem Mac-centric, but I'm running an Asus Pro-Art CREATOR mobo with (native) Thunderbolt 3 to interface with my Apollo 6x, and I have had zero problems. Windows 10 of course.

I'm going to post another thread just for the UAD plugins; good to kvetch and compare with others about these and how they sound/perform.

AndyZ

Apollo Quad (2 Octos) with access to all UAD plugins. Eventually will upgrade to x8p's once the whole system gets an update. But have done a bunch of records (recording/mixing) including some name artists that have charted in Billboard on this older unit. Sounds great regardless it's not the latest product. Have an OX coming once they get past the backordered units.

Billinder33

I tried to get it to work for months on my Windows PC via Thunderbolt but couldn't. Their support was non-existent, so I eventually went with a completely different solution. It seems to be designed more for Macs.
Same reason I dumped mine... Apollo and Windows are like oil and water. It worked with an expensive TB-to-USB-C adaptor, but not as smoothly as it should have. It worked fine in the context of the DAW, but would not function as a DA relay for any other non-DAW audio running on my PC (like just playing back audio from YouTube videos or whatever). I also got sick of UA's constant nagging to buy their stupid plugins.

Replaced it with a Focusrite that sounds just as good, integrates great with Windows, and cost less than 40% of what I paid for the UA.

So far as the 610's go, not a fan. Too dark for general purpose use IMO and didn't care much for brightening them up using the very limited EQ sections. It me, it's a niche preamp, not a go-to.

Good company though. Solid support team and you rarely hear about major quality issues. I'm just not the target customer for their products.

Last edited:

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Apollo quad and a an Apollo duo. And a 6176 I got really cheap. That's the extent of my UA gear. Really like the Apollos for my interface. Doubt I ever go away from it. Just not looking forward to purchasing another when it comes time, but it's been, by far, the most stable interface and works so well with Pro Tools. Never have any issues, so I don't fix what is working!

I use one side of the 2-610 (have mine loaded with NOS Mullard 12AX7s & CV4004s) as my guitar "preamp" before it hits whatever amp plugin I have for juicy tubeness.

Trending Topics