Any pedal to turn a Super Reverb into a Marshall Super Bass?

Kummeli

UPDATE: I bought a Catalinbread DLS MK3.

Original post:

Yeah I know.. A pedal into Fender isn't gonna be Marshall but.. What gets me closest to those Plexi Marshall Super Bass- sounds like this ?:

UPDATE: I think I've narrowed this down to either the Xotic SL Drive or the Catalinbread DLS MKIII so any help on which to choose is appriciated!

Last edited:

crazyneddie

I have a super and a bassman and I use a Catalinbread DLS in super bass mode all the time with great success.

Kummeli

Thanks guys! Hmm... Why there's always atleast two pedals that gets more than one vote?? HAH! :D

The SL Drive would be great 'cos of the size and its a bit cheaper.. but.. The DLSIII has a bass,middle,treble-eq..

I'm not after high gain sounds.. More like those Doyle Bramhall II "fuzz-kinda"-sounds he gets out of his super bass when he used it..

Gotta watch some demos!

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
I know this sounds a bit odd, but I used a Sans amp (original build...I guess it is "classic" now?) with my blackfaced '71 SFSR for this very purpose in one of my bands for a few years and it worked really well.

I think Tech 21 has it going on.

Belmont

I know this sounds a bit odd, but I used a Sans amp (original build...I guess it is "classic" now?) with my blackfaced '71 SFSR for this very purpose in one of my bands for a few years and it worked really well.

I think Tech 21 has it going on.
agreed, the original paired with an eq is an underrated forgotten pedal.

Kummeli

Seems like it would be the DLS MK3 then. Sounds great on the demos! There's not so many quality demos on the SL Drive.

Last edited:

Kummeli

Anyone that has played them both (Catalinbread DLS Mk3 and Xotic SL Drive); which of the two is more amp like and dynamic and cleans up better? Or is there any significant differences there?

Jet Age Eric

I'm not gainsaying DSL or SL Drive (I'd love to try both), but another one to consider is the Lumpy's Liquid Lead. -E

Kummeli

Starting to lean towards the DLS MKIII.. Sounds freaking awesome on the demos!

Last edited:

Trending Topics