Any places in the East Bay Area, or Davis-Sacramento area where boutiques are stocked?

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
I was just thinking, I don’t know any places that stock stuff outside of the mainstream brands where I am (Davis) or where my parents are (Bay Area). Mostly Gibson, Fender, PRS, G&L, Eastman, Ibanez. Wondering if anyone familiar with those areas know of stores that stock stuff from the smaller builders.

scelerat

Gold Supporting Member
If there's a builder you have in mind, they might post a list of their dealers on their website and/or give you a number to call and enquire.

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
If there's a builder you have in mind, they might post a list of their dealers on their website and/or give you a number to call and enquire.
Nothing in mind. Just wish that if I ever got the urge to go to a store and browse, I’d have more choice than the same old brands.

AltecGreen

Gold Supporting Member
If you can make it to the South Bay, Vision Guitar has some boutiquey stuff.
Vision has a small selection of boutique guitars mainly Suhr. Vision shines when it comes to their boutique pedals and parts. In the North Bay, you can go to Bananas at Large in San Rafael.
Gelb Music in Redwood City used to be good. It's been lacking the last few times I've been there. Gryphon String Instruments is great in Palo Alto although better known for their acoustic instruments.

The Bay Area is kinda of barren as far as small builders. Actually for me, the whole of the US is pretty bad for selection. There may be a few stores scattered around the country that would interest me. I tend to fly to Japan for retail shopping. The selection there is hard to beat.

Trending Topics