Any problems with Expression System?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by fenderbender07, May 12, 2008.

1. fenderbender07

fenderbender07 Member

So I've got a 710ce with the expression system. It's been great until recently when I have noticed a popping sound coming through the PA. The pop occurs usually after i have played it for a song or two, and then is noticeable whenever I touch the string to the fret. I have tried playing softly as well as my normal strum and the click still comes through to the point of unsuitability. Has anyone had similar problems? solutions??

Btw. I have tried quick fixes (battery, etc.) as well as run some tests to figure out if there were any DC current issues.

2. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

I worked for a big box store for 4yrs. We sold a lot of Taylors. When the first expressions came out, I had to send more than a few back for repair. I could write several paragraphs on the subject. What I will say is that Taylor fixed everyone quickly with no questions asked. They are one of best companies to deal with when a problem arises. I would call Taylor directly (unless you just bought it) and you'll see what I mean, really nice ppl. Nice guitars too.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

this is kind of a long shot, but check to see if there's anything inside stuck to the magnets of the top sensors (like a broken string end).

4. ASATClassic

ASATClassic Member

At my church, about 4-5 players have ES Taylors. Three of them have had a problem.

5. Ogre

Ogre Member

Other than being over-hyped & over-rated, there have been problems with it that Taylor has been doing fixes on, since its release. Supposedly the newest ones have been cured of the glitches.