Any reason NOT to buy EHX Memory Toy ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BryanMatthews, Dec 22, 2009.

1. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

the online samples sound awesome !! any lurking reasons NOT to buy one ? its simple, no fuss ,true bypass and you can switch modulation OFF, are there any volume issues when pedal is switched on or off ?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. skunx

skunx Member

If the actual delay is as good as the boy, then no there is no reason not to buy it. I've heard most people have issues with the modulation not being adjustable and it being too heavy. I really like my memory boy and its only a few $ more.

3. peterjh85

peterjh85 Member

don't buy it and save your money because they are releasing the Deluxe Memory Boy

4. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

i HATE modulation totally , volume drop issues is what concerns me most, need i be worried ?

5. sleepyone

sleepyone Member

No volume drop on the toy, it actually slightly boosts your signal in a beautiful way; modulation is unusable until you take your time to tweak the internal trimpot

6. skunx

skunx Member

I haven't heard anything about volume drop issues. I think EHX has gotten better with volume issues as of late. My memory boy and nano small clone function flawlessly. I'd say it is a must buy for you. Damn nice analog delay for little money.

7. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

watched gearmanndude demo the toy and he hated the modulation too. ive never liked chorus, flange or phase myself.