• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Any reason not to buy this partscaster Jaguar on Reverb?

Neverwhere

Seems too much for a parts caster imo, maybe if it had top shelf pickups, hardware and a USA trem. Looks like the pickguard was hacked at for access to the truss rod, which is a shame because those are pricey pickguards
I'd figure more like $400-500
I'd go for a MIM Jag in this price range, much higher chance of it being put together well. Lots of partcasters are just bodged together.

Last edited:

blaster

I don’t think it’s a bad price. I think if was priced $650 - $700 would be better or if it’s me with a case. Nice looking guitar.

Whats4dessert

I agree too much $$ for a partscaster. Be nicer if it had block inlays and painted headstock, but still not worth $750.

thefett

Silver Supporting Member
I think its pretty fairly priced. If you piece it out yourself for the same guitar the body is about $385 from MJT, the neck would be closer to $300, then add the pickups and parts. You will never recoup what you put into a parts caster, but it seems not too over priced. I would be more comfortable around the 600-675 range. YMMV

GreenKnight18

This is a fine price for a guitar like this. If you don't like it and sell it in a few months you might not get quite as much for it, but a cool parts guitar in the hands is worth way more than two imaginary deals in the bush/Reverb.

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
Fair price and a lot of good parts but that control plate, pickguard fit is killing me. It doesn't look like it's a "shrunk" look, it looks like the parts don't work together. That Spitfire guard is pricey so I wonder if the control plates are cheap or something. The tremolo is unbranded so I assume budget part there and maybe the control plates came from the same bin.

Edit: Upon further review, I wonder if it was built with a different pickguard then this one dropped in after the initial assembly. I can't imagine any other reason those parts don't fit better.

Gevalt

Fair price and a lot of good parts but that control plate, pickguard fit is killing me. It doesn't look like it's a "shrunk" look, it looks like the parts don't work together. That Spitfire guard is pricey so I wonder if the control plates are cheap or something. The tremolo is unbranded so I assume budget part there and maybe the control plates came from the same bin.

Edit: Upon further review, I wonder if it was built with a different pickguard then this one dropped in after the initial assembly. I can't imagine any other reason those parts don't fit better.
You're right. I think it's a mess. Nothing's aligned. I also don't like the tusq saddles.

Devin

Low Voltage
No neck specs listed (looks modern spec) and import version of trem. I still think it's a fair-ish price. Weird shim placement? You could probably adjust the guard to sit better but it's a hassle.

Trending Topics