Any reason not to buy this partscaster Jaguar on Reverb?

Neverwhere

Seems too much for a parts caster imo, maybe if it had top shelf pickups, hardware and a USA trem. Looks like the pickguard was hacked at for access to the truss rod, which is a shame because those are pricey pickguards
I'd figure more like $400-500
I'd go for a MIM Jag in this price range, much higher chance of it being put together well. Lots of partcasters are just bodged together.

Last edited:

blaster

I don’t think it’s a bad price. I think if was priced $650 - $700 would be better or if it’s me with a case. Nice looking guitar.

Whats4dessert

I agree too much $$ for a partscaster. Be nicer if it had block inlays and painted headstock, but still not worth $750.

thefett

Silver Supporting Member
I think its pretty fairly priced. If you piece it out yourself for the same guitar the body is about $385 from MJT, the neck would be closer to $300, then add the pickups and parts. You will never recoup what you put into a parts caster, but it seems not too over priced. I would be more comfortable around the 600-675 range. YMMV

GreenKnight18

This is a fine price for a guitar like this. If you don't like it and sell it in a few months you might not get quite as much for it, but a cool parts guitar in the hands is worth way more than two imaginary deals in the bush/Reverb.

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
Fair price and a lot of good parts but that control plate, pickguard fit is killing me. It doesn't look like it's a "shrunk" look, it looks like the parts don't work together. That Spitfire guard is pricey so I wonder if the control plates are cheap or something. The tremolo is unbranded so I assume budget part there and maybe the control plates came from the same bin.

Edit: Upon further review, I wonder if it was built with a different pickguard then this one dropped in after the initial assembly. I can't imagine any other reason those parts don't fit better.

Gevalt

Fair price and a lot of good parts but that control plate, pickguard fit is killing me. It doesn't look like it's a "shrunk" look, it looks like the parts don't work together. That Spitfire guard is pricey so I wonder if the control plates are cheap or something. The tremolo is unbranded so I assume budget part there and maybe the control plates came from the same bin.

Edit: Upon further review, I wonder if it was built with a different pickguard then this one dropped in after the initial assembly. I can't imagine any other reason those parts don't fit better.
You're right. I think it's a mess. Nothing's aligned. I also don't like the tusq saddles.

Devin

Low Voltage
No neck specs listed (looks modern spec) and import version of trem. I still think it's a fair-ish price. Weird shim placement? You could probably adjust the guard to sit better but it's a hassle.

Trending Topics