Any recent love for the 10th Anniversary Mosfet Fulldrive II?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SuperReverb2, Nov 29, 2005.

1. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

I have just found out that mine should be arriving this week. Anybody still using theirs? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Just another cool looking Fulldrive II, or does the Mosfet addition really add something unique to the mix?

I know there was a "brief" flurry of posts when the first 25 or so went out from Musictoyz, but I haven't heard anything of late and there should be quite a few more out there by now.

Comparison to the Zendrive? (have one) CJOD? (don't have one, but I've heard enough clips and descriptions to be able to relate)

Thanks in advance

Chuck

2. RickB

RickB Member

I have had one for a couple of weeks now and have started to use it more (due to time constraints) and I really like it. The Mosfet definitely changes things up and in a good way. I have always liked the comp-cut mode but now I am constantly using the vintage mode with the Mosfet on. It sounds huge running into the OCD.

3. blueprint

blueprint Member

Mine is for sale.... :rolleyes:

4. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

blueprint:

Just plain didn't like it, or did you buy it for the advertised "Dumble" sound/tone and couldn't find it in the pedal? Just curious, but have you owned a Fulldrive before?

Thanks

Chuck :)

5. blueprint

blueprint Member

Well, I already have some ODs...
    To list them: Eternity, Klon, Proanalog Dual Drive and both Analogman's TS mods.
    I've purchased the FD 2 Mosfet because of the mosfet, to try it.

Honestly, to my ears and with my rig it's under my others pedals.
    It's a good TS like pedal period.

The Eternity is smoother
    The Klon kills the comp out mode
    The Proanalog is clearer
    The AM silver TS mod is cheaper and better too.

This is my first Fulldrive. It will be the last one!

For collectors only, IMHO.

:cool:

6. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

blueprint:

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed response. I too bought it for the Mosfet addition, as I didn't really bond with the Fulldrive I had before. Mind you that was a LONG time ago and even the standard Fulldive has undergone MANY changes since I owned my old one.

I'm curious to see hear how it stacks up against my Zendrive. (which I like)

Chuck

:)

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I like mine, I'm using it to goose an already distorted Connie and an RSA23. I like it better than the stock ones. As far as a "dumble" tone, the Zen is better. It made it to my pedal board, which has a Landgraff and a Zen on it. Off was a CJOD and a Klon. It is more open and sounds really good set on mosfet in the vintage setting. Very fat yet natural. I haven't tried it through a clean amp.

8. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

GAT:

Did you like the Zendrive better than the CJOD for the Dumble stuff? What are you using the Mosfet Fulldrive for.

Thanks for your time

Chuck :)

9. daneswede1

daneswede1 Member

I run JCM800 2203s in stereo with a TC Electronic G Force. My current rig includes using Klon and an ANalogman Brown mod TS9 808. I also use a BOSS OD1 Analogman 3403d chip push/pullm od pedal at times for creamy power tube tones. I have the origian lFulldrive with an Aramat mod switch. I dont use it much ? IT is smooth sounding but compared to my Klon and my Analogman TS9 808 brown mod it isnt as good IMO. I guess I am partial to the post above.
    I would like to try a proanalog Dual drive out. I am kind of done with my pedal search. I have owned several stock and mod type pedals and these are IMO the best ive heard.
    I run the Klon through a 1981 JCM800 2203 100 watt. THe Analogman TS9 808 brown mod runs through my 2203x reissue 100 watt Marshall JCM800.

I run the amps in stereo and sometimes i run the 2203x reissue wet with the TC G Force and the 81 2203 dry with the Klon. wet/dry. It is an intense tone!
    I am now gasing for a good vintage Fender twin or blackface maybe for clean tones. !

10. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I use the FDII mosfet primarily for my leads on strats. It adds really good fat mids on the vintage/mosfet settings. This is the thrid FDII I've owned and I really like it now.

The Zendrive is for humbucker's bridge pickups for a "dumble"style lead, not too agressive.

The Landgraff is strictly for a humbucker's neck leads, it takes out a bit of bottom, adds mids, for a Jimmy Herring type of lead sound.

I also use a Sea Blue EQ with treble cut and bass added for a real fat bridge lead sound, as I don't like piercing treble on my bridge sound.

However, many times I just run the amps up pretty well and just add the pedals for a touch more oomph.

11. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Im enjoying the up grades...

if nothing else its very versatile now !!

between the comp cutting - flat mids - vintage and mosfet modes it can cover alot of ground....

I would really dig having it in mosfet mode with the vin/FM as the second stomp for lead boost !!!!!

the Mos/FM setting was very close to the setting I used on the CJOD.....:cool:

12. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

GAT/DonneR:

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Chuck

:)

13. GasMask

GasMask Member

I've really been enjoying my mosfet FDII! :AOK

What I have found is the certain settings on the FD sound best with certain combinations of pickups and amp gain. Between the mode selection, mosfet switch, boost, etc.. on the FD, there are a lot of possible settings. I often find myself adjusting the guitar and amp in conjunction with the FD. The result is a variety of tonal possibilies. Hard to beat the sound of a guitar straight into a nice overdriven amp, but the FD really gives you a bunch of different tones. Can't wait to try it with a NMV amp incoming. :D

14. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

oopps - CJOD = Mos/FM + Boost Engaged