1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Reinhardt user out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 59model, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 59model

59model Member

Man, I was floored by those clips of Anthony Steele on the Reinhardt site, and just pulled the trigger on a MI6 that is like his 18watt but 6V6 based for a little darker and heavier in the low mids tone. His wife does awesome tolex in the realm of old race cars that`s really eye catching. I spoke with him on the phone for some time and he loves talking tone and what you want out of the amp he builds you. Now the nail biting wait, LOL! Anyone else try this particular amp or any of his others and care to comment? I know Gary has and Im waiting for anyone else to get me more pumped than I already am. :D

2. kccheers

kccheers Member

Are you getting a head or combo? What color tolex did you go with?
    I emailed Bob a few days ago about a tolex color that I was curious about in a combo and I will be ordering it next week. How long did he quote for build time?

cheers from KC

3. 59model

59model Member

Hi KC, I got the combo in Hurst white and gold, a new color he`s offering. He desings his tolex colors after old muscle cars. I believe the wait is around 6 weeks give or take one. Which amp are you getting?
    Pete

4. kccheers

kccheers Member

So I should scrap the Blonde Tolex idea and have him do one in Burgandy to match my '67 GTO, right....LOL!

5. muddy

muddy Member

i have FINALLY been krankin' through bob's mini-slant 1/2 stack (i've got a scumback m75-8 and a g12-50s in there)

[​IMG]

and this little baby RAWKS!!!! it gets the most gorgeous jimi-style, neck pup cleans, as well as the grittiest, tightest overdriven sounds that project in a fashion that fills a room almost as if it were doing it in stereo. it's imaging is HUGE!!! oh, and does she feedback, cap'n? OH YEAH!! ;) i am REALLY impressed with this baby! bob and sue are WAY on the ball with this speaker cab! i can't recommend this enough to anyone looking for a 2X12 option. and it is SO light!!! your back will LUV it!

ml

6. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

It is so great to see Bob getting more and more recognition these days, he is a great guy and makes one hell of an amp. And as many have noticed Mrs.Bob does some truly amazing tolex work.
    I would have no reservations ordering an amp from Bob, he will make you happy.

Here is a shot of the Ampzilla prototype that I had my grubby mits on for a couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

You have to love the purple and white stripes!

7. vgm

vgm Member

I have one of his 18 watt heads. I asked him to give me as much headroom as possible, and he truly delivered. The amp sounds much bigger than a typical 18 watter, and has plenty bottom end to spare. It's a great blues/rock amp at reasonable volumes.

8. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

I took a Titan on a trade deal and intended to flip it right away. - Months later I still have it, just don't want to sell it. Wonderful cleans on the TMB side and also more gain. The "18 watt" side has the classic in your face upper mid crunch thing in spades.

9. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

What he said!
    [​IMG]

10. GreenTea

GreenTea Member

11. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

Nice Naylor... I have a duel 60 head and have yet to play anything I like better.

12. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

You know, out of anyone I've ever met on this board, I owe the greatest debt of thanks and gratitude to Bob Reinhardt. I've owned three Reinhardt amps now, and they have all been bullet proof, articulate, tone machines. I really do mean solid and roadworthy!

Here is a pic my Reinhardt Ampzilla (the black one) and my latest amp as of this very evening. The Vintage 50 (purple). It's based on a 50 watt plexi, and gives up the goods in spades. I absolutely love both of them.

Also, if any member of the gearpage is ever near Roanoke Va. and wishes to try my Reinhardt amps. You are more than welcome to stop by and give them a spin.

-Rich
    [​IMG]

13. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

What if we just wanna hang out, drink beer and talk dirty?

14. Tonebender

Tonebender Supporting Member

Whats the volume difference like between the 18 & the Titan?

15. mkg

mkg Member

I think you'd have to go on into D.C. proper. Start at the Whitehouse and work your way through the various branches of govt.
    :crazy

16. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

The Titan can go pretty close to the volume levels of a 50 watter or louder than a Vox AC30. The beuty of it is the headroom that you gain with the larger transformer and two extra powertubes. It gets a much larger (GZ34) rectifier as well. Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had never sold my Titan.

17. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

What if we just get all liquored up and wave at traffic instead.:crazyguy :D

18. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Umm, yeah, I am pretty down with my Sentinel......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 59model

59model Member

Heck I`m stopping in Va on my way back to Boston in a couple weeks. Mind if me and a couple coon asses from louisiana stop by for a bit. We`re picking up a buddy of mine`s son in Va, then stopping in Boston to see my folks, and then on to NH to catch some monster turtles that I`m shooting a video of. Strange trip, but it would be a nice quick break to hear those beautiful amps. Let me know through email or PM. Thanks!

20. 59model

59model Member

I tried to ask this ? at the effects section and got basically no response, so maybe those that actually use the amp can help me. How would any of you go about running reverb or delay through these amps? I don`t want do drag another amp around for a wet/dry setup, but Bob mentioned something about plugging the guitar into the high input and running a cord from the low input through the effects and plugging them into channel 2. Anyone tried this and care to comment on the results? I`m real curious as I`ve never done this before. Thanks in advance, I`d REALLY like to hear about this setup.[​IMG]