Any Reviews On Fender Vintage Noiseless / Hot Noiseless Pickup?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jimmy25, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

Anyone ever tried the Fender Vintage Noiseless / Hot Noiseless Pickup for stratocaster? Comparing to the original strat pickup, are they really much more noiseless and cancel all the hum if not all most of the hum? Or the hum would only be decreased by a little? And are these Fender noisless pickup the same thing and made the same way as those single-coil size humbucker? Which one do you personally prefer? Vintage or Hot? I heard these Fender made noiseless pickup cancel the hum in advantage but there's also disadvantage which is it sounds lifeless. It just cancel the hum but doesn't make the tone much better than the original strat pickups. But that's just what I heard.

2. Bob Pollock

Bob Pollock Supporting Member

The Vintage Noiseless and Hot Noiseless are two entirely different pickups. Both are true humbucking pickups. I have a set of the Hot Noiseless in a Stratocaster, and find them quite acceptable. "Hot" is somewhat a misnomer, they are not an overly high output pickup.

3. Elvisprassly

Elvisprassly Member

Hot noisless are far better in My opinion.

4. Fred132

Fred132 Member

I have one guitar that came with vintage noiseless pups. They sound OK, but just OK. I would never go out of my way to install a set.

5. straycat113

straycat113 Member

I love them and have been playing Fenders for over 30 years. You will have a faction of traditionalist that do not like them and will state they sound sterile. I do not feel that way at all and can dial up tones that I am more than happy with without the torture of 60 cycle hum. I think the fact that they are good enough for Beck and Clapton says it all.

6. b3john

b3john Member

I have the vintage noiseless with the 25dB boost circuit in a hardtail Strat. Sounds great to me. I know people like to call them humbuckers, but they sound nothing like the PG humbucker I have in my HSS Strat. YMMV.