Any reviews on the Taylor 714ce

Paychek

Any 714ce reviews or comments on this cedar top compared to a spruce top. I am thinking about getting one soon.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I have the cedar top 714 and find it a bit warmer and less top-end "slicey" (if that makes any sense) Mine is about 8 years old and seems to just get better with age.

Very warm, even volumes across the spectrum and smooth for fingerstyle. Along with my Koa K14c, it's my fave Taylor.

Paychek

I have the cedar top 714 and find it a bit warmer and less top-end "slicey" (if that makes any sense) Mine is about 8 years old and seems to just get better with age.

Very warm, even volumes across the spectrum and smooth for fingerstyle. Along with my Koa K14c, it's my fave Taylor.
Thanx for the comments buddaman. I bought a 2007 714ce limited today and I found that it sounded better for my tastes than the 814ce. :dude

neastguy

thats my fav taylor... only thing I find that i dont like about taylors are that they seem quite compared to martins.. dunno if that makes sense

Echoes

yup...my 714ce has been my acoustic workhorse for about 8 years now...it's rather dinged up and sorta grungy (as I don't polish my guitars I play them)

808Beat

me too! one of the best acoustic guitars I owned. sold it a few years back and still miss it. ideal fingerstyle guitar (for me) not the best at a full strum (again for me). loved the warm tone and easy playing. wish I still had it. good choice.

ole hippie

Thumbs up for the 714!! I have had several Taylors down through the years and sold/traded them until I ended up with my 2000 714. Love that cedar top/rosewood combo!
Denny

arfalax

Received my 714CE last week and it's been a wonderful time getting to play it. The neck and fret work are spectacular. It's an '07 and I couldn't have asked for a better acoustic with it's electronics.

Trending Topics