Any rocktron "replifex" users/owners here?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Charvel_ strat_81, May 6, 2015.

1. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

I am getting ready to buy a replifex and wanted to ask
    how many of the included effects can you use at one time?
    I am pretty sure they give you effect blocks?
    will i be able to use EQ,chorus,delay and verb all at once?
    I already have a blackface intellifex which is great but
    is limited effect wise.

2. fretwhizzy

fretwhizzy Member

Yep eq ch dly rv all at same time is possible. It would involve putting your dry sound thru ad/da tho so I'd try to avoid it personally, advantage of these units is dry remains analog . check out the rotary speaker patches! You also get relay switching to change amp channels. For the price they currently fetch they're a steal for a simple midi setup :)

3. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

Great i really needed to know about how many effects and that takes care of that thanks!
    I heard the flanger in these is pretty much like the old analog MXR one
    and it will do a phase 90 good?

4. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

I've got one, bought it new and never mounted it.....covered up in the closet, still looks brand new. Put some little rubber feet on it and placed it on top of the amp after taking off the handle......used it with a Marshall JMP-1. Every once in a while I think about selling it and see how much you can get for one, back out and just keep it. One of the best multi-effects they made back then.

5. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

well i just bought one in its original box with power supply and manual
    for $125 shipped so that about the average now

6. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I had the multi-valve which was the evolution of the replifex. It was pretty good, but I preferred the slick sound of the intellifex and intelliverb.

They were all great units though.

7. Balok

Balok Member

I have a Replifex but only use it for delays and verbs. If you run eq, you have to run the full signal through the converters, and it really colors the sound on these units. Most of the older rack units are not kind to full conversion in effects loops. I would add an eq pedal if needed.

8. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

since i already have a intellifex, can i use the replifex for chorus,flange,pitch or phase and delay and then run that into the intellifex which will have my reverb preset.
    see one thing about the intellifex i dont like is if you use other effects with it's delay the Max delay time is 410ms.
    I like to use 500ms and sometimes even more depending and have reverb and some chorus with it.
    so the replifex should have delay times over 410ms even if you have other effects on at the same time right?

9. Balok

Balok Member

yes the rep does something like 1000ms...you can run it with the intellifex. The reverb in the rep is good..might not need the intellifex.

10. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

Perfect! I appreciate all the help:beer

11. jcoriha

jcoriha Member

I loved the Replifex. I ran into a problem after about 10 years of use. Someone told me the internal battery went. I still need to replace it.

I was able to use the Delay, Reverb, and Rotary, and didn't think they were bad at all.

12. Charvel_ strat_81

Charvel_ strat_81 Member

yeah the battery keeps all the user presets stored in memory, but you should still be able to use it but the unit will not keep your settings stored just the factory presets.
    changing the battery should be a snap on these:aok