Any Shoegaze Fans?

Nebakanezer

I love the idea of it....... I will occasionally find a shoe gaze playlist and wear it out for a few days and wait a couple of months and repeat. But I don’t even keep a running tab of what grabs me.

sahhas

Supporting Member
i don't know how i missed Curve back in the 90s...i think every song of theirs that i've heard i've liked!!!!
i need to listen to some more.

I like some of Ride's stuff, and some Lush...used to have MBV "loveless" album.....long ago....

I just thought I would start a Shoegaze thread. Please feel free to drop in your favorite Shoegaze bands/songs. I thought I would start with Curve who introduced me to the genre.

bugsnax

Haven't really kept up with new stuff lately, so I'll be watching this thread. Here's some from Russia:

Then there's Tamaryn:

Band has this palpable energy and chemistry, but then the singer comes in and....cringe. How? Why? What a waste of a song.

fetchmybeer

I remember that Curve video from back in the day. It stirred my teenage loins.

Big fan of shoegaze, but especially Swervedriver (who is not full-fledged shoegaze, but is still the greatest band in the universe).

David MacNeill

Supporting Member
Didn’t even know the genre existed until the movie Lost in Translation came out, with My Bloody Valentine tracks and Kevin Shields as music director. Kinda blew my mind, so I bought Loveless and was hooked. It’s about as distant as it can be from the folk-rock acoustic stuff I normally listen to, but I love the way it makes me feel like I’m visiting another world.

eigentone

Silver Supporting Member
I just thought I would start a Shoegaze thread. Please feel free to drop in your favorite Shoegaze bands/songs. I thought I would start with Curve who introduced me to the genre.

One of my favorite bands, SPC ECO.

Dean's the man. BTW I was very surprised when Rick Beato mentioned Horror Head in one of his lists.

I'll submit: