Any shorter Truefire courses?

Zingeroo

I love the format of Truefire courses but I don't want to buy a course with 90 minutes of lessons, I just don't usually work through that much.

How about a shorter course with a few concepts taught for more like 5-10 bucks?

Any courses out there that can be recommended?

Thanks.

adauria

I like the idea of that... haven't seen one quite that short though. Youtube individual lessons maybe? Or don't pay and just use the free lessons for a given course?

-Andrew

mastercaster

You can buy full TrueFire courses for those prices. I just bought Jason Loughlin's Rockabilly Survival Guide for $5 in the 12 days of Christmas sale.
Loads of courses at $10 in their frequent half price sales. The "Focus On" courses are limited in scope ad easy to work through.

Zingeroo

You can buy full TrueFire courses for those prices. I just bought Jason Loughlin's Rockabilly Survival Guide for $5 in the 12 days of Christmas sale.
Loads of courses at $10 in their frequent half price sales. The "Focus On" courses are limited in scope ad easy to work through.

Cool, thanks, I'll check out the "Focus On" courses.
I do plan on buying some complete courses featuring Shane Theriot. He used to give me lessons when we were both in high school before his folks moved away to North Carolina. He was a monster player even back then!

ungarn

They have many sales, keep checking the site.
That being said, there are a number of "lick" type courses that you could learn one at a time, and then spend time applying to your playing.
Here is what I think is a good example...free lesson...Slinky Dink, 30 Mojo Rhythms You MUST Know, by Shane Theriot.
Can definitely take this rhythm and apply many ways.
https://truefire.com/soul-guitar-lessons/30-mojo-rhythms/watch/v33258

Ferret

Silver Supporting Member
I think you are asking for too much although you'll get something like what you want during sales. Musical courses and tune books are like cook books. If you benefit from every single thing in the book that is great, but you don't enter with that expectation. If you manage to get half a dozen novel and usable recipes from a cook book, it has done its job and you have got your money's worth. I like Truefire courses but but almost everything I buy includes things I already know or things I don't currently see a need for. I always buy during the sales so, for 20 dollars, just how much do i need to get to get my money's worth. I could pay more than that for a half hour lesson with a good player who might not teach me anything much in that time. If there'd been something like Truefire around when I started out I might be twice the player I am today, although I might not have as good an ear being spoon fed so much.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom