• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Any Sleater-Kinney fans?

Donovan

Hope Carrie plays her Rickenbacker 330JG and Guild S-100 when she comes to Minneapolis.See...I just made this a "guitar" discussion so you don't have to move it to "The Lounge"

SolidGuitar

One of my favorite bands---they flat out rock!

And this is at a time when indie/alternative needs more guitar rock!

greenlander

Another fan here. I love Janet's drumming. I must've seen her about 4 or 5 times when she was playing with Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks. Awesome!

loudboy

I like everything I've heard from them, but Sleater-Kinney is possibly the worst band name ever.

It means nothing, evokes nothing and IMHO, probably hurt their career.

cheezit

Another fan here. I love Janet's drumming. I must've seen her about 4 or 5 times when she was playing with Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks. Awesome!
Absolutely. Instrumentally a lot of the guitar work is pretty basic, which is perfect for some of the angular Gang Of Four type riffs they do--but Janet is a beast and drives those songs.

But seems like this board as a whole doesn't seem to be the place for punk or indie stuff. Perfect place for a question about Eric Clapton's favorite fret wire, though.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
I like everything I've heard from them, but Sleater-Kinney is possibly the worst band name ever.

It means nothing, evokes nothing and IMHO, probably hurt their career.
It means something to anyone who grew up in the Pacific NorthWest, which was probably the majority of their fan base for their first several years. Perhaps not as clever as 764-HERO, but still evokes Washington state highways and off ramps and road signs for me...

lowbrow

Yes! Wish I could make that Chicago show. Had tickets for their last tour…right before they called it quits…and was too sick to go to the show the night of. Still pissed about that.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Jeez, it feels like they just broke up like 6mo ago! Time flies. Good to see them getting some face time here, however fleeting!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom