Any Stereo, Analog, Dual Chorus Pedals That Ramp Between Speeds Like a Leslie?

evanderbelt

Silver Supporting Member
I’m a big fan of dual choruses like the CE-1 and Analogman Bi-Chorus but always miss the ramping of actual Leslie sims (which I’m not that crazy about). Other than the old DOD 690, is there anything out there that combines the best of both worlds?

MoonshineMan

I highly doubt that's a pedal that's made, but you may be able to get one modded for an expression pedal for the speed.
Not the same, but unless someone like Moog makes one, you're probably out of luck.
Most people who want that function usually just want an actual Leslie sim.
I could be wrong.

evanderbelt

Silver Supporting Member
Well I'll be! Thanks @captaincoconut for weighing in. I've been watching a few demos. My only concern is you can't set the slow and fast speeds, you have to take your foot off when it gets to your desired speed. Might be a little tough to time getting to the ideal fast speed. Anyone tried one out?

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the Strymon Ola Chorus/Vib. It's stereo and has a Ramp function built into it.

evanderbelt

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the Strymon Ola Chorus/Vib. It's stereo and has a Ramp function built into it.
Used the Flint for a long time and sure the Ola is great but trying not to go digital if I don’t have to.

I highly doubt that's a pedal that's made, but you may be able to get one modded for an expression pedal for the speed.
Not the same, but unless someone like Moog makes one, you're probably out of luck.
Most people who want that function usually just want an actual Leslie sim.
I could be wrong.
I’ve got a Diamond Vibrato/Chorus that I use with an expression pedal with. But the signature acceleration of a Leslie is hard to pull off manually.

evanderbelt

Silver Supporting Member
I was getting ready to cave and just buy an Ola, but watching the demo videos it looks like it only ramps the effect in while you hold the bypass down, like a VB-2, rather than ramping between two set speeds when you hit the footswitch. I find it strange that the only chorus pedal that does this (that's not a leslie sim or uni-vibe) is the nearly 40-year-old DOD.

npappas

The Caroline Somersault is a great chorus / vibrato where the "havoc" switch is a momentary switch set to its max speed. It's awesome. The delay chip is digital, but that's literally fine. Analog circuits aren't always what they're cracked up to be ;)

Riffa

The old DOD 565-B has the ramp feature. But it’s bulky and the bypass must be pretty bad, I’m guessing.

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
I was getting ready to cave and just buy an Ola, but watching the demo videos it looks like it only ramps the effect in while you hold the bypass down, like a VB-2, rather than ramping between two set speeds when you hit the footswitch. I find it strange that the only chorus pedal that does this (that's not a leslie sim or uni-vibe) is the nearly 40-year-old DOD.
I get it. When I wanted a chorus with a 'delay time' control I had to buy an old DOD FX-65 Stereo Chorus since it was the only one that I could find.

Trending Topics