• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any Steve Perry fans @ the TGP???

Frater B

Gold Supporting Member
He has/had a killer voice!
Another is John Wait love his voice.

Last edited:

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
Ohhhh Sherry...!!! I know, I know but the guy has pipes that can't be replicated.

I've always wanted to do some cool acoustic covers of a few of the Journey songs - I just can't seem to find the right key!

Loop-Master

Steve Perry? Wow, what a legendary voice. He is supposed to be working on new music.

"Melody" is probably my all time favorite song from him.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, didn't he actually co-write many of those tunes with Schon as well? Not many good melodies in those hits though!... (from both a lead vocal AND lead guitar point of view).

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
Fantastic singer! I like most of the hits, but haven't delved into much of their other album material. I would also like to check some Journey stuff from before Steve joined the band.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Ruined a good band but sold lots of records and created some cool hits. I will take anything from the band called abraxas compared to any Journey with Perry. I like Greg Rolie's voice much better but that's just me.

teletran1175

I doubt you will find many people who admit to liking Perry here.
While we're at it, let's review some similar (ahem) TGP revelations I collected over the years.
Warning: the following is just some tongue-in-cheek trolling!

Apparently...

• Buckingham/Nicks ruined Fleetwood Mac
  • Dennis DeYoung penned Styx tunes are all fluff
  • Genesis was over when Peter Gabriel and/or Steve Hackett left
  • AC/DC was a pop act after Bon Scott passed
Ok, exaggerated trolling over, but you get the idea. I don't actually believe those things, but those sentiments have been passed around here for awhile. Guitarists do love their traditions and take pride in "rock" credentials. It's not at all a bad thing, but you have to run opinions here through that filter.

robelinda2

Love Mr Perry, great voice and great performer!

But then again love 80's Fletwood Mac and Genesis too! Why do so many guitarists put down pop music?

Dr Git

I dig his singing and Voice......Wish him and Neal were still working together, and if not return Greg Rollie the legend

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Wonderful singer. My goodness... What a voice/talent.
Journey featured some remarkable musicians w/ little real focus/personality before his inclusion.
YMMV, but Perry was very special (as is Neal's guitar playing, Rolie & Cain's keyboard work, Dunbar and Smith's kit playing, Valory's bass playing; their combined background/harmony vocals).

Trending Topics