Any TC Electronics chorus users here?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gpro34, Jul 20, 2006.

1. gpro34

gpro34 Member

I have had this pedal a while and still feel theres much I haven't tapped into. I was wanting to know some of your favorite settings for the chorus side? Thanks

2. gpro34

gpro34 Member

I think I may have just found the best most purest chorus setting with this pedal; however, I was wanting to compare to some of your settings to see if theres anything I missed.Any sharing of info would be appreciated, thanks

3. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I've been using one for years. I have to admit chorus isn't one of my most favorite effects but the TC unit is still my favorite. I set mine with the time at about 11:00, the other controls I set at different setting depending on what mood I'm in but the time at or past 12:00 makes the thing sound too weird to me.

4. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

I bought one (used) about 2mos. ago and although it's the first chorus I've ever purchased (tried tons of 'em, but never could find one I liked) it's definitely a keeper. I use it with some rather mild settings just to give a little sheen to my clean tones sometimes. It gets that perfect Andy Summers shimmer in "Chorus" mode and the "Flanger" setting can get pretty wild with some extreme settings. It's definitely one of those pedals I'm glad I held out for. My current settings are something like this:

Speed: 5'ish
    Intensity: 4'ish
    Width: 2'ish

It's not a particularly intense setting, but just adds enough sparkle to the top end and swirl to the body of the notes to make it stand out. Very nice pedal and it's built like a tank. Oh, and not to mention the built in power supply is pretty cool too. I'm currently running a TC Electronic Sustain + Parametric EQ in front of it (into Peavey Valverb, into BMRI) and nothing else and with both my Strat & LP it sounds perfect (to me).

5. gpro34

gpro34 Member

I don't care for a real intense setting in any effects, as with most I find less is more. Here is the setting I recently discovered which is my current favorite

Speed 2.5
    Width 6
    Intensity 2
    This is a great setting for a mellow chorus sound. Give this a try and see what you think of it.

6. Supertgtr

Supertgtr Member

I had one on my board for a few years. Used it for two songs in my band with the knobs cranked wide open for that warbly effect. What a great pedal. So versatile.

7. Mark Barratt

Mark Barratt Supporting Member

I don't currently have my SCF on my board at the moment but when i need it the settings that work best for me are,

Speed -- minus (point) .5 (11 o'clock)
    Width -- 4 1/2 (- 3 o'clock)
    Intensity -- 2 (11 o'clock)

As with most effects i think the Input Gain on this unit plays a big part as does where you have it in any chain. Also what Rig you use and your fingers too.
    I usually set the Input Gain down to its lowest.

I've had mine for about 15 years and although i haven't tried every Chorus pedal out there its the best one i've come across. It sounds great if/when you use it in a Stereo set-up as well.

8. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

I fiddled around with it some today and tried that setting. Just as you said...nice 'n mellow. :) I don't think there's a bad setting in this pedal...even at extreme settings it's useful. Maybe not in an "always on" way like the Sustain+, but still fun.

9. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

I've had one for about 15 years and, yep, it's a keeper.

10. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

Download the manual for free over the internet. The manual includes several suggested knob settings as de facto "presets". The download source might be one of the online music stores like zzounds or perhaps the TC Electronics homepage itself. The manual is definitely the official manual for the pedal.

dlxreverb

11. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

To save everyone time and effort I have dug out my manual.

With "Mode" set to Chorus :
    Sound One ..... Speed 1, Intensity 4, Width 3
    Sound Two ..... Speed 2, Intensity 5 to 6, Width 5
    Sound Three.... Speed 5, Intensity 2, Width 5

With "Mode" set to Flanger :
    Sound Four ..... Speed 2, Intensity 3, Width 5
    Sound Five ..... Speed 2, INtensity 2, Width 2
    Sound Six ...... Speed 4, Intensity 4, Width 1
    Sound Seven.. Speed .5 (below 1),Intensity 3.5(below 4),Width maximum

With "Mode" set to P M (pitch modulator) :
    Sound Eight ..... Speed .5(less than 1), Intensity 5, Width 2

Also , " the speed and width should be regarded as a set of controls rather than two individual settings. They both influence the apparent degree of effect. A good starting point when creating more "pleasant" sounds in any of the 3 effect modes is to keep the controls "generally opposite", for instance Speed 2 and Width 5, or Speed 5 and Width 1".

12. tga-3

tga-3 Supporting Member

+1 Has outlasted any other pedal I've ever owned, I have to going on 15 years too. Only other pedals I own are the Zendrive and Fuzzulator, both of those going on two years or so.
    Rick