Any thing out there like the Line 6 DL4, but better?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by regotheamigo, Feb 26, 2009.

1. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

I've had a couple of those Line 6 delay pedals for a while now, and think they are great and easy to use on stage. The tap tempo function, and the ease of saving delay settings is also a handy tool. Just curious if there's anything out there similiar but better sounding? I know there are delay pedals that probably sound better, but the tap tempo function is HUGE with me, because it doesn't matter how great something sounds if it's off tempo from the song. As far as the delay sound I want. Think E.J, David Gilmour, or the Edge. Thanks for the input.

2. Cake Bakist

Cake Bakist Member

Superdelay, Timefactor

3. treeuh

treeuh Member

4. cacibi

cacibi Member

Loving my Timefactor.

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Delays with memory settings and tap tempo? Boss DD-20, Timefactor, Nova Delay

6. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

Does the TimeFactor sound better than the Line 6 in your opinion if you've tried both? Thanks

7. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

this.

8. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I've had everything listed above except for the Superdelay and I went back to the DL4 :dunno

9. LeeSympathetic

LeeSympathetic Member

timeline from damage control.

10. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

The DL4 is almost the PERFECT pedal. It has great delay models, savable presets, tap, ease of use, looper, ease of use, ease of use!
    There is nothing this simple and well designed.
    Unfortunately it sounds a bit muffled if you really press your ear up to the grill.
    Oh yeah, and sometimes they break. Other than that, it's perfect.
    The NOVA TC Electronic delay is pretty good, but if you are happy using your DL4, more power to you.

11. blood5150

blood5150 Member

Uh yes...

I sold my DL4 about 2 weeks after I bought it... its good for a throwaway pedal if you like to beat on your gear..

The timefactor is in another league in regards to tone compared to the DL4...

I had my Timefactor for a year or so and then sold it to fund a Superdelay... but you really can not go wrong with either one...

Although the TF does have the option to run in stereo which the superdelay does not.

12. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

Cool guys! I'll check em out

13. NBarnes21

NBarnes21 Member

Um..... Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, I can't believe I'm the first to mention this one. I love mine, better than the DL4 even.

14. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

hmmm.... better than the DL4?
    i'm thinking a keeley DL4 :D thats what i use. i'd like to try a timefactor, but from what i hear it doesn't do the atmospheric stuff the DL4 does.

15. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

Atmospheric is HUGE with me and delay so the timefactor just took a serious nose dive haha. What does the Keeley mod do besides make the infinite repeat louder? Thanks

16. gillibi

gillibi Supporting Member

I'd think of doing the Keeley mods too. Also think about adding a ClinchFX EP-Pre before it.

17. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

What I couldn't stand about the DL-4 is the way that if you (for example) turn it on to a preset, tap in a tempo, play your merry intro, bypass it, play your verse then chorus, then turn it back on to repeat the intro you have to tap in the tempo again. WTF?

18. gillibi

gillibi Supporting Member

To get around that you could just hold down the switch and save that tempo to the preset.

19. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Interesting idea. I always wondered how people lived with that (I didn't play with it long enough to figure out workarounds). Nonetheless, I've been extremely happy with my DD20 over the past 3+ years :)