Any tricks to cut down acoustic or vocal bleed?

MiguelDamas

Interesting, I haven't noticed any loss in the top end. Did you use the other suggestions in the video such and the high and low pass filtering?
It's a timing issue, not frequency. The shaving off of the initial transient is what makes it sound less bright. Using a comp with lookahead can help.

Interesting, I haven't noticed any loss in the top end. Did you use the other suggestions in the video such and the high and low pass filtering?
I didnt watch the video, just judgement based off the pictures. Maybe I was wrong, but the way I do it (and assumed the advice of the video) is and aux track with inverted HP set to around 800hz running into a compressor set up as a limiter. I do that for my close mics as its more natural sounding than a gate. However, the harder you push it, the more it effects the tonality of the track you are trying to preserve. Not the biggest deal with drums because they usually take to aggressive post EQ anyway.

It's a timing issue, not frequency. The shaving off of the initial transient is what makes it sound less bright. Using a comp with lookahead can help.
Honestly, I probably should try engaging look-ahead. Good tip.

Trending Topics