• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any way to reduce the boost effect on a COT-50 Red?

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I'm using a COT50 Red and a Les Lius for drive/seasoning pedals. Love them both the only thing that bugs me is the COT50 gets loud when I engage it. I'd leave it on all the time and adjust my guitar accordingly, but I don't want it on all the time. I guess I'm used to engaging a pedal and only hearing the effect and not a significant jump in signal. Any suggestions? It's dialed all the way down now. I don't want to add another pedal just to tame the COT.

Willdance

I run my amps 3/4 to full up when I use the cot50 as a boost. since I'm out of headroom, there's no volume increase, only an increase in rock goodness. if you don't have your amp running hot then I suggest running the cot50 into an overdrive in order to achieve a similar, albeit not as sweet, result. but you said no additional pedals so just turn up that V and reduce your headroom. What kinda amp are you using?

Dog Boy

I used to have that same problem. It was always a struggle to balance the tone I wanted vs. the volume increase. Well, like I said, it used to be a problem.

Trending Topics