Any Wayne guitars out there?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by d1dsj, Feb 22, 2009.

1. d1dsj

d1dsj Member

I recently got me a 1 off Wayne, a T type originally made for Dave Kilminster no less! Anyway, I didn't buy it for that reason and didn't know until after I got it.... it's easily in the top 3 guitars I've ever played and don't look too bad either IMO. Let's see those Waynes, here's mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

2. d1dsj

d1dsj Member

No Wayne guitars out there?????????????????????

3. Flinto2002

Flinto2002 Senior Member

I've owned a couple Rock Legends. Easily one of the beter playing/sounding guitars out there. The one's I had were strait up rockers though, not terribly versatile with the 2H setup. The necks were amazing, leaps and bounds better than the Custom Shop Charvels I've played in the last 3 years. Fretwork was perfect.

In the end I sold mine as they were a little too 80's looking (Bullseye finish and VH2 paint) my only niggle with the guitar is that the trussrod access as at the butt of the neck on the old headstock models. Wayne changed trussrod access points recently but also changed headstock (I think the current one is fugly) So if you want the cool looking mighty mite headstock you have to accept that you'll be removing the neck to adjust your truss rod.