• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any word on the Malekko 919?

markom89

It's being released next week on Tuesday.

EDIT: I'm just kidding :messedup

Last edited:

In Tune

I received an email from Mr Malekko>>>>>

Target price on the E919 is 275.00
Target price on the E616 is 150.00

They SHOULD be in peoples hands in April...:munch:munch:munch

crxshdxmmy

Last I talked to Josh, he had just finally tweaked the 616 to the point where he was happy with it and wanted to apply those changed to the 919 to see if he could get that where he wanted it too. He had hoped to release it earlier, perhaps by NAMM, but after (at least a few) months of back and forth tweaking, it still wasn't working right... so he moved forward with the Omicron line to keep business going.

That said, it seemed he was almostly back to the drawing board w/ the 919. As it was, in his opinion, it just wasn't good enough to release. I'm sure we'll see it someday, but as of a couple months ago, it wasn't a top priority ... and I haven't talked to him since.

That's what I know.

rhythmicist

Last I talked to Josh, he had just finally tweaked the 616 to the point where he was happy with it and wanted to apply those changed to the 919 to see if he could get that where he wanted it too. He had hoped to release it earlier, perhaps by NAMM, but after (at least a few) months of back and forth tweaking, it still wasn't working right... so he moved forward with the Omicron line to keep business going.

That said, it seemed he was almostly back to the drawing board w/ the 919. As it was, in his opinion, it just wasn't good enough to release. I'm sure we'll see it someday, but as of a couple months ago, it wasn't a top priority ... and I haven't talked to him since.

That's what I know.
Thanks for the info. I would rather him get it right when it comes out too and if he is still perfecting the 616 then I can see why the 919 is delayed. I was thinking the concept of a 616 with a tap tempo is pretty cool. I wonder what else it will have above and beyond the 616?

IRG

I've heard too, he's coming out with a new version of the e600 series delays, I think with a tone knob this time (so maybe no dark or bright version). Personally, I think this will be more exciting than the 919, only because the e600 series just sounds better than the 616, and if the 919 is based on it, it just doesn't seem that exciting to me. Plus, there've been a few other delays out there that have sort of taken the air out of the sails of the 919, like the DMB, and supposedly Empress is working on an analog delay, and Diamond is working on a good digital delay, so I think those options are really more appealing right now. I think there's also some market saturation of delays.

crxshdxmmy

Thanks for the info. I would rather him get it right when it comes out too and if he is still perfecting the 616 then I can see why the 919 is delayed. I was thinking the concept of a 616 with a tap tempo is pretty cool. I wonder what else it will have above and beyond the 616?
Based on the prototype pics that were leaked, it had more delay time, tap tempo and a tone control. There was clamoring for expression control as well, but IIRC, he said there wasn't room. That was a LOOOONG time ago though, so perhaps things have changed over @ Malekko.

Either way — I'm fine with him not releasing a disappointing product.

Trending Topics