Any Xotic AC Plus owners?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dhdfoster, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

What do you think?

How clean can it get? The two channels look interesting, and the "B" channel looks pretty versatile. Being able to switch the order seems very handy.

Can you set up A for a low gain sound and then use B as a volume boost for solos. Or, vice-versa?

2. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Obviously, not a very popular pedal. Maybe I should have led with a joke.

3. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

I've got one for sale right now actually :) Not because it's not a great pedal, it just doesn't work well with my setup. I've got a Suhr Badger that I run a little crunchy and it's just too gritty with that. Into an amp that's barely breaking up or even clean (listen to the Allen Hinds clips on Xotic's site) it absolutely kills. I've changed the way I'm running my amp in recent months which is why it's no longer working for me. Loved it before though.

4. pgissi

pgissi Member

It is a recent addition to the Xotic line and is on my GAS list

I have the AC Booster and am loving it, recently spent some time checking out the AC Plus Video Demos, love the versatility which takes the AC Booster and expands on it.

From what I gather the plus is an AC and RC in 1 box with dedicated EQ and other OD character options in addition to the routing/switching options.

How could you go wrong

I like options, want all the tones known to guitardom

5. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

Yeah - great pedal - I use/love the RC and AC Boosters and don't really need to spend $200+ to get 'em into one box. I have considered getting one and selling my RC and one of my ACs, but... meh - I'll keep the two singles (at least for now).

I can totally see going to a gig with only the AC+ and Dunlop's new Carbon Copy for pedals though. (that'd be a nice, small set up)