anybody ditch their bigsky for a wet?

smitty.west

been a neunaber user for several years now.
just sold my stereo wet tonight in anticipation of the v2 stereo wet, but got to wondering if i should go the wet-route again. for $100 more than the new v2 stereo wet and exp i can get the infinitely more feature-laden bigsky.
sonically, brian's reverb is untouchable. i've got a flint and owned a bluesky.
only reason i'm considering the bigsky is versatility. i definitely won't utilize all the verbs of the bigsky-- many of which are novelties to me, or at best for niche studio use--, but options are always nice to have. i'm wondering if the bigsky can match that amazing lush quality the wet has or if i'd just find myself selling it soon after to go back to a wet. flint and blue sky, in my experience/opinion, didn't come close to the wet.
anybody gone from bigsky to wet? if so, tell me about it.

JVIOLIN

Silver Supporting Member
I definitely sell it and get a BigSky!! BigSky is so versatile...

JVIOLIN

Silver Supporting Member
I would skip getting the BigSky and just stick with the Wet. You are right, nothing quite sounds as good. Forget the BigSky... Keep the Wet!!

JVIOLIN

Silver Supporting Member
I would sell the Wet, forget about the BigSky as well. Get an H9!! The Blackhole setting on the H9 sounds better than the Wet IMHO. H9 all the way!!

JRMagnus

If pedal real-estate isn't an issue there's no risk in trying out a Bigsky, the re-sale value has to be extremely good. I say it's worth a shot.

srmd22

I have a WET and a Bluesky, but not a Bigsky. Of all the sounds I can get with both, the WET has my fav 'verb tones. It's just the richest, warmest sounding reverb I've ever heard, to my ears, in my set-up. But the Strymon does a bunch of really cool things the WET doesn't do. For straight ahead reverb needs, WET is plenty. For experimenting with ambient stuff, I prefer the Blue Sky. And it also has a gorgeous, clear sound, different from the WET, but just as enjoyable. I figure the Big Sky is the Bluesky x10. If I had to choose one, it would depend on the use - footprint, type of music, neighboring pedals, etc. The WET might get the edge, because I am really partial to its (insert TGP cliche here -warm, organic, natural, sits in the mix, blah blah) tone. But in terms of quality of reverb, wouldn't matter much, and either works well in most, if not all situations.

mcdes

Member of no importance
i have both the WET and Bigsky, both important tools in my arsenal teehee...

of all the pedals, those are the two i need

jonthomas83

I wouldn't buy a Big Sky, Blue Sky or a WET, you could get a Slate with ExP.

Haha, this thread made me chuckle :)

Michael_V

I would sell the Wet, forget about the BigSky as well. Get an H9!! The Blackhole setting on the H9 sounds better than the Wet IMHO. H9 all the way!!
This is not bad advice. I've owned the Blue Sky, Flint, and Wet and like the H9's verbs better....

YMMV.

MogwaiBoy

I have a Wet, BigSky and Eterna... previously had a BlueSky, Verbzilla etc.

There's something special about the Eterna - also a really beautiful, lush reverb... a little more organic and less pristine/hifi than the Wet. It lacks a Tone dial and stereo though.

For straight-forward, lush 'mod verb', the Wet is seriously nice. If that's all you want, stick with it. But since you have already sold your Wet then +1 (if finances permit) you should give the BigSky or even H9 a shot.

stockment

I have both on my board. I have not been able to recreate the wet sound with my big sky, but to me to WET has only ever done one this [albeit perfectly] which is: that sit perfectly in the mix unobtrusive lushness that is amazing. I have never been able to get a subtle reverb sound I liked from the WET. Right now I use the big sky for shorter/more subtle verbs [plate and room], and more obvious verbs [bloom, cloud, etc], and the WET for...well...the WET sound.

lhama

I did a shootout with a big sky, a wet and a space. I kept the wet. all were great, but the wet did everything I need.

afterosmosis

I wanted to like the Wet, but the non-adjustable predelay was a dealbreaker. I'm back to the BigSky now.

JasonElGato

I had a Wet, sold it and got a Big Sky. The Wet is a notch better at what it does. Deep, spacious ambience. The Big Sky ain't bad though, and has a ton of other features most of which I do use. They're not quite apples to apples.

If the Wet does everything you need it to do, forget about it. Nothing can beat it at what it does.

If you can actually make use of all the Big Sky's modes and features then you (I) just can't toss it in favor of the Wet. If I had the space I'd use both. They are both that good.

I'll definitely be getting a Wet V2 and that badass new controller to use on secondary boards.

gitapik

Platinum Supporting Member
My friend has the Big Sky and I have the WET. I like both a lot.

If someone's into a great reverb, the additional features, wants to tweak, wants MIDI, and has the real estate available on his/her board, the Big Sky's a great choice. Strymon makes quality stuff.

If someone's into a great reverb that's very simple to use, has a small footprint, with no MIDI…the WET is awesome. Neunaber makes quality gear.

I fall into the second category. I don't really need a lot from a reverb pedal, don't use MIDI, and like to keep my boards on the smallish side. The WET is a really fine reverb pedal.

Trending Topics