Anybody ever buy from SUNDOG Guitars in Canada?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sgt_steiner, Feb 27, 2008.

1. sgt_steiner

sgt_steiner Supporting Member

Hello All --

Wondering if anyone's had any experience buying from SunDog Guitars in Alberta Canada? Good stories/bad stories... whatever. Just trying to find out what the word on SunDog is.

Many thanks, as always...

2. sgt_steiner

3. sgt_steiner

Come on, guys -- ANYBODY heard of this place?

4. cube

cube Member

never even heard of em ...and i am from Canada

5. daddyo

daddyo Guest

http://sundogguitars.com/
    He appears to be a guy who buys and sells guitars from his personal collection. He's sold some killer axes.

6. kruts

kruts Member

Yes, I think I bought a Peavey wolfgang from him several years back. He misrepresented the guitar... there was a chip on the body binding close to the neck joint that he didn't disclose. He suggested filing a shipping claim, he said that the damage occurred during shipping, but the nature of the chip suggests otherwise...

buyer beware!

7. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

Me neither, and I am IN Canada.
    But, I'll be watching now.:cool:

8. sgt_steiner

Yeah... seems a little odd that NOBODY on GP has even HEARD of the guy... especially if he's dealing in high-end axes. Then again, who knows these days?

Interesting side-bar -- he ONLY accepts wire transfer or Paypal + 3%. And no standard buyer approval period if you live in the States -- 24 hrs. can be arranged only if you're willing to pay 5% of sale for tax/restocking in addition to a second shipping fee to send it back. That's generally what's referred to here as a SELLER PROTECTION PLAN ;)

But like I said, who knows these days?

9. sgt_steiner

Anybody else know anything?

10. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

The only thing I know is that he had a guitar that I wanted, but once I read that shipping was $100 & I had to pay the PayPal fees, I spent my money elsewhere.

11. Guitar_Simon

Guitar_Simon Member

12. guitarjunky

guitarjunky Member

Thannks VERY much Simon for this gracious referral. I sure do private deals on my personnal vinatge guitars. I also have a small company for brand new equipments for top brands like Nashguitars, Jazzkat amps Dugain picks, Godin Guitars and some others. I chose only the brands and products that I feel are top of the line and deliver great value for the money.

For my personnal stuff, I mostly deal in Fender, Gibson and some gretsch. I buy a lot, I do trades sometime and I sell when I want to buy a new guitar! The usual.

I also invite everyone for the Montreal Guitar Show that I organise. 100 of the top luthiers in the world, great concerts and free workshops with top players like Pierre Bensusan, Jim Hall, Don Ross, etc...

13. gsr007

gsr007 Member

Ok, just ran across this on a Google search (I know it is been over 2 years since this post, but I need to correct a lot of errors), I am Grant and I am SunDog Guitars. As one of the poster notes correctly, I sell guitars out of my private collection and use sundogguitars as a means of hosting photos and descriptions of instruments I have for sale.

As for this post, I don't know who you are or what guitar you are referring to, it is so easy to fire up the keyboard and post false and incorrect information.

I don't know you nor have I ever sold you a Wolfgang guitar!

Please get your facts straight before you respond in a negative manner to a guitar deal in the future.

Thanks,

SunDog

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  14. gsr007

gsr007 Member

Ok for the record...I just can't let this post go...

I am not a dealer.

I do not have an unreasonable payment policy. Requiring a wire-transfer for guitars often worth well over $10K is not unreasonable. Would you send your prized $10K plus guitar to a stranger with a PayPal payment? I have no restocking charge.

One guy writes he did not want to pay the $100 shipping, most of my guitars sell in the Thousands of dollars, and $100 for insured shipping stops you from buying? As for the PayPal fee, that was then, I now have this built into the price.

I don't make money on buying and selling guitars, this is my hobby, you get a world-class guitar at my loss, that is not a bad thing for the buyer.

According to the post, nobody has ever heard of SunDogGuitars, well at least the 4 people who posted...not a very robust canvassing of the world high-end guitar market.

I sell guitars out of my private collection.

I have a eBay rating under sundogguitars from 1999 (12 years as of this post) with 100% feedback, never a negative, ever.

If you have questions about someone, why not email them and ask your questions, then post for the uneducated world to respond. If you wanted references why did you not ask.

I have NEVER had an unhappy buyer, ever!

The air has been cleared. Thanks for letting me set things straight.

SunDog