Anybody ever heard of Barbara Guitars?

chucke99

The cheapest one they list as available has a $1200 list price and some run as high as $2,700. They also have a Nashville "Plant". That could mean anything, from true US manufacture to a receiving warehouse where pre-sale setup is done.

We'll just have to wait and see if anyone buys one and gives a review.

EDIT: The website does imply they make the guitars in the US.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
The guy is... less than reputable. The Guitar From Hell listed above was mine. I spent $1500 on it like an idiot because... well because I was an idiot, and thought it was "custom".

suffice to say, it was not, and I got raped.

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
Gotcha. They are selling a 335 type guitar on ebay for under $500, but there is only one pic with no detail. Based on your experience I will just pass.

XKnight

Wasn't that the guy who took an import Washburn, changed a few things, and tried to sell it as a custom built guitar?

bigdaddy

wow. That's a heckuva story. I looked @ the site and my only conclusion is that Bill is fat and bald.

chucke99

Their website looks totally cheezy. I'd risk buying picks from a website like that.
LOL. The title of their homepage (in the browser header bar) reads: "PersonalWebKit.com Web Site". Looks like they spared no expense!

Trending Topics