anybody familiar with the emery sound amplifiers (microbaby)

patrick73csun

i was all set, mentally, and financially ready to pull the trigger on this 5112 victoria for a great price . the sound clips sound great on this amp. 5 watts of tonal bliss. but it does not seem to be going to happen on a quick basis like i thought was going to happen so i have looked elsewhere. i have come across a seemingly brilliant amp company. emery sound. and the model is the micro baby. this micro baby seems like an amazing tone machine. it is 1 - 2 total watts. and seems to do everything, clean, scream and in between. the next model above the micro baby is the super baby. 6 - 12 watts. there are sound clips of this amp and they sound really nice. the amp has volume, tone, a three way tone preamp switch, clean, loose, and boost. the company sells a mad scientist tube kit. a set of 12 tubes. 3 rectofier tubes, 3 preamp tubes, and 6 output tubes including a yellow jacket. any body have this amp or heard it want it as well. let me know

FFTT

The Superbaby is quite popular for home and recording use.

The benefit of the Superbaby is the added clean headroom available
with the right choice of tubes.

Also very popular is the Gries 5 and the Fargen Mini Plex MKII

On the high end, the Vintone Simplex.

Also check out the Category 5 Tsunami

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I own an early Superbaby. I have a lot of tubes, basically when a set goes bad in an amp I keep the better one for my SB. Also wierd pulls that I get out of radios and so on. Anyway, it is an extremely flexible amp depending on the type of tubes you feed it and the speaker cab. I prefer to run with the EQ defeated, because I have lots of amps that sound good clean, but not too many that I can crank out totally and still have them sound good like this. Right now it's gone, one of two modern amps that a grammy nominated producer borrowed for a recording project (along with some vintage Fenders and so on). Highly recommended. Compared to the other single ended amps out there-it's less expensive more flexible and built very well. I don't really see how the others can compete?

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I will own a Microbaby someday. It's on my list of "must haves." For me, the Superbaby is overkill... I would be buying this to play at home ONLY, not with a drummer, just alone, and 1-2 watts is certainly all I need for that. Besides- I don't think I'd want to take a work of art like the Emery out of the house.

I've done some digging, and I come up with nothing but great reviews of the company & it's amps. If I had the cash, I'd order one without hesitation.

patrick73csun

i think i should pull the trigger on the micro baby now before i change my mind. i was thinking maybe i should get the super baby, but what for i have a great amp for playing out, it is the apartment level recording 1 to 2 watts is what i am missing. why not go for the coolest low watt amp out there.

lefte118

Silver Supporting Member
i have a superbaby. it sounds amazing and is very flexible with the tube choices. if you already have a gigging amp then you might want to go for the microbaby because the superbaby is pretty loud for the house. you can't go wrong with either one, imo.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom