Anybody had problems with Keeley?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pittster, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pittster

pittster Member

Am really talking about overseas orders/shipping problems.
    I ordered a Keeley modded DD-3 which I got through their Ebay auction.
    Paid on the 27/02, was emailed it had shipped on the 28/02 via USPS Global Express Mail, and have heard/seen nothing since. I got an email from RK saying it could take 7-14 days and it has passed this now.
    was wondering if any other (in particular UK orders) have had shipping delays or problems.
    I sent an email to RK yesterday asking what to do next and so far have had no reply.

2. marks

marks Member

Have not had a problem. In fact the reverse. Robert is great to deal with.

3. 1968

1968 Member

global express should have tracking? get the tracking number and track it on usps.com ..

4. pittster

pittster Member

no tracking number unfortunately...here's what the RK shipping email said....

"For Customers in other beautiful countries: There is No tracking number, only a customs number which is not traceable but at least lets you know we sent it. We use EXPRESS MAIL ($30); it takes about 5-7 days most of the time, but is not a perfect system."

the supplied number showed the package left Chicago on the 3rd March, but nothing since then and I have no way of tracing.

5. entraind

entraind Member

Robert has always been incredible to deal with...The USPS, on the other hand, not so much. They are probably the culprit. Hopefully it's just a little late.

6. singular

singular Member

i got a ts9/808 from him and had no problems at all,im sure they willl get back to you soon.i found them nothing but helpful and kind anyway.

7. jero

jero Member

I once ordered a Javaboost that was forgotten to ship, no big problem and easily solved of course.

When ordering international, keep in mind that your country's customs department can really delay the process.

8. pittster

pittster Member

I know these things can be delayed, have imported quite a few guitars/pedals from the US to UK...this has been by far the longest though, hence my concerns it may have been lost/stolen and also the lack of reply by RK....he's always been prompt in my other email queries...hopefully he's just been busy.

9. 1968

1968 Member

$30 seems VERY expensive for no tracking.. Very surprised RK uses that method for international..

10. pittster

pittster Member

In his defence although the standard shipping email stated $30, the actual price via the Ebay sale was $25....would still have preferred to pay more for a trackable form of shipping.
    Musictoyz costs me $25 for UPS expedited for each pedal and have never waited longer than 4 days door to door.

11. xroads

xroads Member

Give it a few more days. I just had a guitar shipped to Switzerland, and it got held up at customs for 2 over weeks. Sometimes it takes a few days only, sometimes weeks.

12. Guitar James

Guitar James Member

Depends on the item your sending, I had to wait over 4 weeks for a leather jacket to get to the UK from the US using USPS. But then I ordered some Cologne and it got here in 5 days with USPS:NUTS
    Overall USPS has amazing service but sending Intenational can take a while sometimes.

13. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

It's got to be purely a shipping issue. Robert Keeley has amazing service. I would contact him/them and see what's up.

14. pittster

pittster Member

am also presuming its a shipping issue.
    I contacted him yesterday, awaiting a reply.

15. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

30 dollar is too expensive for non-trackable shipping to Europe. MusicToyz charges 25 dollar for UPS-shipping and the pedal usually arrives here in the Netherlands within 3 days. (1 or 2 days is the norm it seems)

16. jpagey

jpagey Member

yup

17. threm

threm Member

I had a TTS Elite shipped 01/03 but no pedal in sight so far. I decided myself to go the cheaper way with no tracking #.

I haven`t contacted the shop yet. From experience everything can happen regarding shipping time, from four days to four weeks (in a couple of cases even more).

18. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

International shipping with the USPS can suck. I sent a Tone Press to a guy in Germany several weeks ago and he hasn't gotten it yet, while a couple weeks later I sent something to the Netherlands and it was there in 5 days. You never know what's gonna happen.

19. jero

jero Member

Exactly! Usually what I order from the USA arrives within a week, once I had to wait 6 weeks...

20. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Express mail DOES have a tracking number, always. See if you can get it from him. It is probably sitting at your customs, or post office waiting for you to do something. UK uses Parcel Force to deliver express mail.

Good luck!