Anybody have a Dunlop Tremolo?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by andrewnielson, Jan 29, 2008.

1. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

Anybody have a Dunlop Tremolo? If so, whats your feedback?

2. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

i have one.....

it's huge.

sounds good. built well. good stereo ****.

supposedly they just RI'd them in a smaller cases.

3. adamthemute

adamthemute Member

I like mine...but it is huge.

Here's the new one:
    [​IMG]

4. amishtwister

amishtwister Member

I've been trying to find info about the new one. So far that's the best picture I've seen. Anybody have any idea on street date or price?

5. blood5150

blood5150 Member

I have always had interest in this pedal... it is good in mono?

Also, can it do real staccatto type trem sounds... like really pronounced fluctuations, or is just like a fender deluxe type trem sound.

6. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

7. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I had an older one. Although it sounded great at lower volumes, I thought it started sounding a bit harsh at higher levels so I sold it and bought a Voodoo Labs Tremelo and have never looked back.

8. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

I had the older version and thought that it sounded good. The center "shape" knob allows you to go from a smooth sine wave to a full chop square wave tremelo. The second switch makes it go from dual mono tremelo to stereo pan (when running in stereo). I only ran it in mono and thought it sounded nice. I had one in the late 90's. I've been through various trems (Swamp Thang, Boss stuff, Fulltone, Catalinbread, etc) and currently have the Catalinbread, which is very versatile and small. My only beef with it is that I could get better "Fender" trems with the Swamp Thang, though it was a one trick pony and hard to dial speed in. The Fulltone was easy to use speed wise, but was a little sterile and needed a second depth control for the hard circuit.

I recently got to hear my old one that I sold to a buddy, and it still sounds great. I think this newer, smaller box format could be very popular.

9. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i tried one out before and yes, it definitely can do the choppy, staccato trem sounds.... it's a great sounding pedal. it's not as warm, IMO, as a demeter tremulator but it's very versatile nonetheless.

check out the song by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club called "in like the rose". guitarist uses the dunlop tremolo and almost exclusively as a choppy effect.... it's used throughout the song....

10. blood5150

blood5150 Member

cool... thanks.. I will.