Anybody have experience with Fulltone Gold Standard cables?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HugalosPizza, Feb 16, 2015.

1. HugalosPizza

HugalosPizza Member

What are your thoughts on these cables? I think they're priced pretty well. Just want to know if anybody has heard any negative tonal differences while using them. I have read that some feel the Fulltone cables tend to cut the highs a bit.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Viral_Rock

Viral_Rock Member

Great cables in my experience. I noticed more highs coming through using fulltone cables compared to several other cables I have.

3. JohnK24

JohnK24 Supporting Member

I've had one for 3 years now. Replaced the George L. I was using from guitar to pedal board. Definitely "warmer" than the George L. , it's not overly bright as I believe the George L. was - and there's no microphonic noise when I move. The George L. being very taunt jacketed seem to produce a definitive noise when it bounced on the floor or off my amp. I just bought one of these through amazon(Kirlin Tweed Cable)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JOP0QI8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I can't tell a bit of difference in tone from the Fulltone to the Kirlin. :dunno

4. HugalosPizza

HugalosPizza Member

Thanks for the input. I have been thinking about buying 2 10 foot Fulltone cables since I can get them both for $40. My other thought was to get Lava Soar cables. Of course, that's going to cost about $130 or so. Wondering if it is worth it to spend $90 more on cables.