1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have experience with the Soldano 44 BCM Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by merkaba22, Sep 13, 2008.

1. merkaba22

merkaba22 Member

2. bilbal

bilbal Member

I thought those amps were only going to be sold through Blues City Music in Tennessee. I guess not.

:huh

3. waylay00

waylay00 Member

I was supposed to go play one at Lynne Burke's (BCM owner) house, but never got around to it. It sounds promising though.

4. uga1

uga1 Member

I had spoken with Lynn a while back, and there is a difference between the amp that Lynn has and the ones sold by other retailers. Forgive me as its been about 3 months since I spoke with Lynn. I can't remember what the difference is.

5. bilbal

bilbal Member

I bought my SLO from Lynn and Blues City Music. He was the most helpful and knowledgeable guys I have ever dealt with. He did a lot of things to make sure I was completely happy and as a result of that, I will be buying my next SLO from him. Now I have heard a few guys that had a very distasteful experience with BCM. I cannot for the life of me understand why people are turned off by the dude. He's extremely knowlegeable about Soldano amps and has every [Soldano] amp you would want in stock. I found him to be a very cool guy and very helpful. I'm sorry some have had problems.

Bill

6. Jason UP

Jason UP Supporting Member

yeah, that Lyn fella was super cool, as I've bought speaker cables and a channel pedal from him before and he answered a ton of Soldano-specific questions for me when I bought my Lucky 13. He mentioned he was working with Mike Soldano on a custom Blues City amp (this was a year ago), so guess he wasn't making it up!

7. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

I'm going to throw my two cents in as saying that while the guy may be very knowledgeable, I found him so overbearing on the phone that I would never even consider putting my foot in on a deal with him.

The guy just would not get off the phone. I had a few very simple questions about Soldano reverbs and he could not stop himself from knocking my amp and telling me the only way to go was an SLO, even though I told him repeatedly I'm not a high gain guy and I'm not interested.

I really can't stand that type of sales. I had the same thing with a tech down here who built his own line of amps. Every time I brought something into him for a bias or repair, the whole time I was there all he did was dog my amp and try and get me to buy one of his 3k marshall clones. Really quite uncalled for.

-DB