• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anybody have good experiences with the Dr. Scientist Elements at low levels?

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I'm really, really interested in one of these not only because I'm a huge fan of Dr. Scientist...I've got 6 of 'em currently...but also because the eq options seem like they would be great for tailoring to different pickups.

I've heard that some don't like it at low, practice sound levels. "Buzzy" is the word I've seen used to describe it.

I would primarily be playing it into a clean amp (Princeton Reverb II), and I'd like to have a nice variety of dirt tones at low levels. Anybody think they're able to get decent tones from the Elements at such levels?

Thanks.

downburst82

I play around with mine at low levels a fair amount and it sounds great. I definitely prefure it on the lower gain setting (usually with the gain maxed or close to). I was specifically playing it recently in the higher gain setting alot to hear what people meant when they call it "buzzy" and I suppose I can hear it a bit but I was able to dial it out with the eq. The eq does take some getting used to because he places the bass mid and treble controls all at different points in the circuit (if im remembering correctly) so they react differently than people are usually familiar with.

I love mine...ive though about getting a second..but he has a new frazz coming out that I will be getting first :)

(Only 4 dr scientist pedals for me so far but there will be more)

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I play around with mine at low levels a fair amount and it sounds great. I definitely prefure it on the lower gain setting (usually with the gain maxed or close to). I was specifically playing it recently in the higher gain setting alot to hear what people meant when they call it "buzzy" and I suppose I can hear it a bit but I was able to dial it out with the eq. The eq does take some getting used to because he places the bass mid and treble controls all at different points in the circuit (if im remembering correctly) so they react differently than people are usually familiar with.

I love mine...ive though about getting a second..but he has a new frazz coming out that I will be getting first :)

(Only 4 dr scientist pedals for me so far but there will be more)
Thanks for the reply! I just recently saw a mention of this new Frazz. I love mine currently. What is the new one supposed to be like?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom