Anybody have issues getting in touch with Fromel Electronics? - RESOLVED

Bucksears

I've got some issues with an order I placed back before Christmas and it's been over a week with no response.
Nothing on the Fromel site about them being closed or having problems.

Meriphew

Silver Supporting Member
I had them fix a pedal for me a few years ago. Cool guys who did a great job for a very reasonable price.

TDNTX

"Sucks at communication" = Not worth my business

Interestingly, if given the option I always prefer to order directly from the builder and put more $$ in their pocket. But I have usually contacted them with email or phone calls and questions to judge whether they know how to run a business and provide customer service. There are lots of stories here about builders just disappearing even though they have people's money and orders that never shipped. Reputable dealers like Prymaxe or PGS are pretty accountable (others like RGS or Musictoyz are atrocious).

So, Fromel pedals may be very good but sucking at communication is not an excuse.

MasterEvan07

Where's that buzzing coming from...?
Gold Supporting Member
I've never had him not deliver, which is a bonus, but his communication has been hit or miss in my interactions. Maybe it's been better for others...grain of salt and all that since I'm just one person giving my $.02.

jfromel

Interesting, I spend about an hour a day responding to e-mails, another hour on the phone with customers who need support, then I spend time responding to the messages on e-bay, amazon, and reverb. I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, twitter or any of the other social media outlets but if you want to talk, I am very available.

To the OP, your order was placed on Friday December 23. The soonest your order would have been shipped was Tuesday December 27, due to the holiday. On Wednesday December 28 you sent me the following e-mail.....

Hi,

Just checking the status on this order. The tracking number (XXXXXX) doesn't appear to be active.

Thanks,

On Thurs December 29 I replied with the following......

Hi Buck,

Not sure why the tracking is not working, I had a problem with my shipping program the other day. If you don’t have your order by tomorrow please let me know.

Thanks

John Fromel

Turns out I sent the wrong kit, when the OP brought this to my attention the correct kit was sent out via Priority Mail. Not sure what else I could have done here but the number at the shop is 206-523-8663 if anyone needs to get a hold of me.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I respect the HECK out of Fromel, I wonder if sometimes we're a little quick to jump on the "it's been too long" bandwagon? Anyway, @Bucksears, if this has been resolved please change the title of the thread and post about it.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
I tried via phone a few days ago, but that's not too long ago so maybe a reply is coming. Love his work!

MasterEvan07

Where's that buzzing coming from...?
Gold Supporting Member
@jfromel - there have been numerous times that you've gone AWOL from communications, sometimes mid-dialogue, over the years - via email (for queries, custom shop work, repairs), via PM here TGP, via Kickstarter campaign from a few years back, etc.. You make great gear - you have a killer ear and tweak things a way I like to hear them - but my experience has been poor on the communication front...a dropped ball multiple times. Doesn't diminish the quality of your work, just relating my experience.

Bucksears

I eventually got my parts, and everything's all good now, but here's the actual timeline:

12/23 - Placed the order for a capacitor kit for a Super Reverb
12/23 - I got a tracking number from Fromel that same day, which I thought was really fast, so I'm assuming it's automated
12/28 - Five days later, the tracking number was still responding as 'inactive', so I emailed the 'info' address on the site
12/29 - Got a reply next day saying to follow up if I don't receive the parts tomorrow (12/30)
12/30 - Got the shipment, but it was the wrong kit (got a pedal mod kit instead), so I emailed back to the address I got the reply from on 12/29
1/4 - No reply received, so I followed up with another email
1/9 - Still no reply received, so I called the number on the site. Spoke to someone who looked up my order, and that person sent out the correct package.
1/11 or 1/12? - Received the capacitor kit, along with a return shipping label for the pedal mod kit, which I sent back

I posted this thread on 1/7, over two weeks after placing the original order. I'm not mad about the receiving the wrong kit, because accidents happen. But emailing the vendor back the day after he tells me to contact him if there's a problem, and not actually getting a reply, is why I posted here.

The cap kit is great and I'm more than happy to order from Fromel again (more than likely the HF-2 upgrade kit), I just won't get my hopes up for response times next go round.
Updated the title of the thread.

Last edited:

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
That's ironic.

-bEn r.

(P.S. The Fromel Shape EQ makes all my amps sound much better wherever I play)

It's really not and there's no need for that. Nobody has been antagonistic and people are getting in touch and the OP followed up with good will...not that any ill will was even mentioned in the first place.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
It's really not and there's no need for that. Nobody has been antagonistic and people are getting in touch and the OP followed up with good will...not that any ill will was even mentioned in the first place.

A simple observation of the communication breakdown going into reverse.

Thanks for being so judgemental.

-bEn r.

Reactions: WWW

Trending Topics

Top Bottom