Anybody have one of these? (telecaster content)

jimmyohio75

This is a Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus. I dig the transparent black.
I am not looking for a traditional telecaster. I play hard rock stuff. I am looking for a lightweight Fender style guitar (love fender necks) that I can possibly modify with better pickups for use as a back up to my Les Paul Standard. This model has a humbucker in the bridge. If the stock pickup sucks I can easily swap it out for something else.
Anyone have one of these? Is the build quality decent? I realize for $399 I won't be getting built in American type quality but I don't want a POS either. Are the stock pickups tolerable?

wango55

No experience with that one, but I know a lot of folks have been pleasantly surprised by the ASAT Tribute Deluxe that MF is currently blowing out for $299. That's a double HB tele style guitar that might get closer to your LP tone and it has been getting great reviews. I've got an ASAT tribute Bluesboy, so I can speak to the quality of the tribute line.

jimmyohio75

No experience with that one, but I know a lot of folks have been pleasantly surprised by the ASAT Tribute Deluxe that MF is currently blowing out for $299. That's a double HB tele style guitar that might get closer to your LP tone and it has been getting great reviews. I've got an ASAT tribute Bluesboy, so I can speak to the quality of the tribute line.
Thanks I will check these out too.....

ScottySevins

I don't have any experience with this particular guitar, but I have a fender telecaster blacktop series that is just an absolute killer guitar for the money. I would have to suspect that they are pretty similar in build quality. I absolutely love mine to death and would put its playability up against something twice the price. Maybe check the, out too. Fender has done a fantastic job with their lower end models. I have tones of faith in them

Trending Topics