anybody here delt w/ stewart macdonald parts??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by joolzriff, Feb 20, 2008.

1. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

man,they sent me some ****** wire and 20 screws that cost flippin $8.40c for a pickguard and a replacement coverplate for a strat that dosnt even fit or suit the guitar,screw holes are way outa whack w/ my strat and all my strats and clones i have...on top of it they charged me $9 shipping from the bottom of ohio to the top of ohio?? wtf,...learnt my lesson not to deal w/ them again,its kinda half assed...maybe i'm just mad but i aint impressed

2. rivaeast

rivaeast Member

I have dealt with them many times.
    I've used their pickups and other various parts. I have found that I do not like the coloring of pickguards and often use Warmoth for those.

As far as shipping they are always"high" unless you are buying in bulk. Actually they just don't seem willing to take much of a hit on shipping like other companies do. When I've had a problem I called them and got resolved quickly. Send the parts back, they are quick to refund the purchase.

3. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

thats good to know,i guess i'm just kinda cheesin right now but i dont think i wana deal w/ them in the future...

4. Deaf Eddie

Deaf Eddie Member

Although I find their prices on parts can be a bit higher than most online sites, during over ten years of patronage I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. In fact, once my order didn't show up - I ASSSSume it was "lost" in the mail - and they reshipped, no questions asked. I still use them, from time to time.

Anytime I order an after-market pickguard or other plastic parts for a Strat, I have come to expect some mis-alignment of the mounting holes. That's just the way it goes, with no real set-in-stone consistant "standard," for all years and models.

5. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

Stewmac's ok. If I can get something from Specialty Guitars, that's one of my first choices. With Stewmac, you need to be a little careful sometimes.

6. scottish

scottish Member

ive never had any problems with stewmac. i tend not to use their pots cause im pretty picky, but all the hardware and finishing products from them ive used, i have never had any problems

7. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

they have been killer on the return policy if that helps, i had a 5way switch go south and they didnt ask how long I'd had it, just mailed me a new one!

8. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

There's thing I buy from them and things I don't - I really don't like their plastic parts so much - the "cream" is too tan IMO unless you have a need for it and that's for Fender and Gibson stuff. Their fretwire is excellent and I buy fret tools from them because it is high quality. Stay away from their pots and switches. Otherwise all the hardware like screws & such has been fine.

9. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Gold Supporting Member

They are a good source for just the buttons, screws and felt washers for straplocks so you don't have to keep buying the whole set every time. How many of you out there have a million of the strap ends sitting unused in a box somewhere in your gear closet? *Raises then lowers hand* Happy to say that my collection has stopped growing by ordering the button stuff only from StewMac. Other than that, I don't order much from them, but have never had a bad experiences as a customer.