Anybody here have a Mojotone extension cabinet?

edwardz

Thinking about getting a closed-back 1x12 to use with my Vintage Sound blackface combos. JUst wondered what folks think of them. Seem pretty solid to me.

hvactech

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 4x12 cab by them and it's my best cab. Better than my mesa 4x12. They're so nicely built it's insane. I hope that helps

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
I use their diagonal 2x12 Mojotone cab with my Super Reverb. Very good build quality, but if I were doing it over, I'd get their 'Select' version, which has the speakers side-by-side and is a little larger. The specs on the Select cab are similar to the Egnater Tourmaster cab, which I loved.

I'd say you can't really go wrong with their stuff.

3 Mile Stone

Very good stuff. I find them to be the perfect balance of high quality relative to their price. I still find brand name cabs to be overpriced. My only recommendation is to experiment a little with some insulation and baffling inside to cut down on reflective surfaces. In my opinion, this improves the sound of most any cab.

hardys

I have a 2X12 horizontal slant....very satisfied.
I purchased the diagonal 2x12 open back cab with the optional removable rear center panel. Adding or removing the panel converts it to closed or open back. I use it as an open back. Well made & great sound, although the compact size has less bass than larger cabs. I've had it for 10 years & really like the sound with multiple amps. Currently loaded with Celestion G12K-100s & using it with a '66 Blackface Showman. It sounds huge. No lack of low end with that amp & speakers.

Last edited:

Trending Topics