Anybody here tried Curt Mangan strings?

Random Hero

I've heard good things about them but give me your opinions about them. I curious about the Pure Nickel sets they have in particular.

LTE

I remember when they first came out. Never really got the chance to try them out, but a few of the other guys at the store liked them alot.

Funny story time.

Curt is apparently a really nice guy. In fact, one guy asked for an endorsement deal. He had just started a new band, and basically performed a wax job and blew tons of smoke towards Curt. So Curt says sure I can put you on the list. Remember this is Curt just starting out and just wanted his name out there. So he asks for the name of the band, too bad my co-worker couldn't spell the name.
:roll

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I've tried them. I don't use them, because I use coated strings, but they were and are excellent. If I switch from coated strings (which I might) I'll try them first again.

Butterfly

Silver Supporting Member
They are excellent--give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed. Nice fresh feel, last a long time, all good!

DonW

Velocity Town Angel
Double Platinum Member
Just bought another 2 dozen sets. Been using them for a few years now, my favorites.

Random Hero

I went for the Pure Nickels in the end. I can't even recall using pure nickel strings before but from all I read, they seem like they'll be right up my street. I hear Mangans have a slinkier feel than a lot of brands at the same gauge too?

Crow

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite strings. I use the nickel wound..not the pure nickel (10-46). They sound great and have great feel.

Grenville

I hear Mangans have a slinkier feel than a lot of brands at the same gauge too?
Not in my experience.:dunno - not less so necessarily either.

Just working through a few brands trying to find a nice pure-nickel, quite like Rotosounds, Curts are ok.

K-Line

Vendor
I have a rack full of them, use them on every new build unless otherwise requested, then usually D'Addario. They are nice!

dumbell78

Great strings, just bought another dozen pure nickel's in various size's. They last for a good amount of time, and the customer service is top notch!

Can't hear or feel a difference between these strings and my usual Power Slinkies. Around town the Curt's cost more, too, so I don't often end up using them.

Jim Soloway

I met Curt at NAMM yesterday. He gave me a couple sets to try and I just finished putting a set of Fusion 11's on my personal guitar an hour ago. As a player, I was sold within the first few minutes. They seemed a bit stiffer than the D'Addario I've been using for the last few years and in a positive way. I'm planning on going back to talk to him this morning and if I like some of the answers, I'll start using them on all of our new guitars immediately.

doublee

After reading about them here I am just now trying them on Tele and Martin...

They are fine strings.

The acoustic are similar to Pearse to me, which I like.

The electrics are fine as well, I may like my usual Thomastek a little more though, they have a very comfortable non jangly sound right out of the box

but I would not hesitate to get Mangans again at all.

i just put a set on my Danelectro DC-12. i'm a bit confused why he would use a plain 20 for the octave A, but a wound 20 for the regular G. i don't think i read the pack wrong, and that's how the strings were paired.

SoCalSteve

I met Curt at NAMM yesterday. He gave me a couple sets to try and I just finished putting a set of Fusion 11's on my personal guitar an hour ago. As a player, I was sold within the first few minutes. They seemed a bit stiffer than the D'Addario I've been using for the last few years and in a positive way. I'm planning on going back to talk to him this morning and if I like some of the answers, I'll start using them on all of our new guitars immediately.
I just put a set of the Fusion Nickel Wound on my Super Strat yesterday (first time user) and am impressed. They are warmer than most other nickel wound and just have a good feel to them. I'm a convert!

Trending Topics